Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Once again......

LSUbengal

Headin' "back in" again. Another hunt to the Great White North is always something to dream about. So Dream I will as a few more days pass.

I think a man can look back over a lifetime and count easily the great hunts he had, and at the same time has a hard time counting all the other insignificant events in his life. Be careful not to settle while you still have the choice......

DS

No other way friend.........

Bou off the haul road isn't exactly dangerous........except maybe if you don't pack enough gas with ya:).......just looking forward to glassing a few thousand animals and trying to get one to except my arrow!:)
DS

Rick, did you say "Along with Moose"........or "Moosie"........or "a long Moosie"?:)
Just kiddin' Rick. Yea, I have talked about it for years, and have passed up at least 4 or 5 chances to do this hunt. I always figured it would be there. Then I shattered my elbow in Febuary and the doc said I would never shoot a bow again. The Titanium elbow replacement ain't worth a shiat. A friend had me considering getting a disabled permit to shoot a crossbow.........but that just didn't sit right with me. For months I groped around...telling the wife how I would never be the same, and a part of my life(bow hunting) was gone forever. When I think of handicapped hunters, I think of amputies.......not some cry baby who lost 50% use of his arm. So even though I'll never lock out my left arm....I have managed to suck it up and finally get my bow pulled back. The problem is, without locking out, the right arm over-powers the left and tends to pull it back. The anchor point thing is a wreck and I have a lot of strength issues to work on in relation to maintaining full draw,.........but I'll get there.

....it makes a guy thankful for the opportunities he has had I can tell you that.
DS

That sucks about the elbow, Mark! That is why I sucked it up and spent the money to go to Africa this year - I ain't getting any younger and I might as well enjoy it TODAY, ya know?

I've hunted with Moosie, but I want to bag a moose!

So you did go to Africa or you are about to go?........way cool! Man, a fella would need a month to do it right,...maybe when I am retired.
I would love to have a greater kudu and a cape buffalo......er, a hippo......a gemsbuck, a rhino, an elephante'.......baboon, Giiiiiiiiiiraffe,......did I say Lion?......

Man, the things to shoot over there are endless. The trip is cheap compared to the taxidermy bill!!!!!!

I have heard it said a man could hunt Africa for 20 years straight and never do it all.........good luck and straight shooting Rick!

Slayer

Be sure to stop in at Hilltop just north of Fox for an omelet. Then hit up the the truck stop in Coldfoot for a gut-bomb.

Be careful of randomly launched arrows along the road...guys are crazy up there. I keep waiting for these guys to introduce their caribou decoy. Heard they had the Beta decoy out and it did wonders. http://www.montanadecoy.com/

'Slayer, I'm gonig to call you DS :)

I'm gonig to Africa Next year. Cali went this year, go look in the africa section and ytou'll see his post. I think there is still 2 spots open in our camp next year. WOuld love to share it with you. Going with some Real great people. If you're interested, drop me a line [email protected].

duely noted Ovis.....a gut bomb sounds like just the thing:eek:
Hopefully it's big enough country I can avoid the random arrows, but stranger things have happened I suppose. Alaskan Amber and omelet should be tasty!;)

Rick, I checked out your hunt on the Africa thread..Awsome!
DS

Is this the legendary DS? Wowsers....long time bro.

hey moose man.........yeah, the Slayer thingy sucks, but I took such a long nap the sign in wouldn't let me on with the old Deerslayer user name, so I did what I could to come harrass you guys a little. The Junior poster thing looks weak....think you could slide 4 or 5 thousand posts?hump

Man.......I was talking about Canada next year with Raybow.......but Africa sure sounds tempting. I just told Cali I would do it when I retire.....maybe it time to retire!:D Probably more time and cash than I want to drop, but I'll shoot you a line......
DS

Nothing legendary......but yeah, it be me Ovis. I missed you the last time up there.
DS

You could say I am on a leave of absence from AK at the moment. The things I do for this country. :) I'm currently in the land of Barry Switzer. I'll be up in AK on the 23d of this month. Drew a Delta tag for sheep.

Leaving here on the 28 of September and flying back on the 7th or 8th of October. We pushed the hunt to October to allow for the second bull and better snow for sledding.

We will be with two trucks and slide ins for saftey issues, but will hunt seperately. My group will have2 and me. Should be a great hunt.
I want a good bull with my bow, and then hopefully something special for the second with either gun or bow.

What ya think about the plan?
DS

I could change you back...

Deerslayer [email protected] 12-13-2000 12-31-1969 Posts 3,251

Or just bump yer count on the new one.. Take a peak when you post ;)

HEy , It's cheaper then you think. I plan to dump around 9k on the deal. I can give you the Cost break down but thats wacking about 6 critters I think and 7 days, flight, and dip and pack. A guy from my office is going and plans not to shoot anything and is going for around 3.5k

Delta tag for sheep....ah, the benefits of Alaskan residency!
How many will this sheep make in your flock?
DS

Hell, I guess I could do that and......well...er....just tell the wife it's around $2500hump
DS

Dammit man.that's magic Moosie!.......now if you could get my old handle back for me I would think you were a God!:cool:
DS

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PerezA
Back