Caribou Gear Tarp

On the board for 2023 whitetail season

SCliving Outdoors

SC has an early rifle season on private land in the lower 1/2 of the state. After seeing some deer and smaller bucks hunting this week I was able to knock one down last night. He just shed his velvet in the last couple days and the broken side was still holding on to some. Last year the whitetail here in SC beat me up pretty good so it’s nice to get one on the board earlier in the season. Hopefully it’s a sign of good things to come.

IMG_7732.jpegIMG_7733.jpegIMG_7738.jpegIMG_7739.jpeg

Congratulations! Looks like some good eating. Does it feel as weird to you as it does me hunting whitetails while sweating and trying to ignore gnats and mosquitoes? It doesn’t keep me from going out, but it does feel a little funny. Again, congrats!
It’s been pretty nice the last few days. Not many mosquitoes. It’s just how it is early season. A lot of guys don’t go until October bc they want it to be cooler out.

Nice. Just got back from two days of archery whitetail (and turkey). Nothing. It was very hot - high 90s - and bug infested. I'll wait until rifle season.

Last edited:
Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back