PEAX Equipment

On my way

A great post reliving a sheep hunt --- nice in every detail! Congrats on a beauty of a ram --- will continue to bring back special memories once you have him on your wall ...

This should be a reminder to all of you "young guns" --- your youth and physical capabilities won't be with you forever (I know 1st-hand). If you've dreamed of hunting somewhere/something special, get out there and make it happen!

Last edited:
You're joking right? Epic quests need narration along with visuals for support.

Well played Sir, well played. My rational brain says it's too expensive to go after a stone or dall, but damn if my heart says otherwise.

Totally agree. I go on a bear hunt with a 70 some year old fella every year. He had saved for some 30+ years for a NWT hunt. I asked if it was worth the money and the years of saving on a meager teacher's salary-he said "Best decision I've ever made, wouldn't trade it for the world." His advice has cemented the idea to my mind, I'm saving...

For some reason I was slow to see this thread. Really enjoyed your thorough write-up and the abundance of pictures. You got yourself a beautiful Stone Ram. Congratulations!!

I second what Lv2hnt said in his post about taking advantage of youth and good health and go after those the things you really want to do. If you wait too long to be able to take the time and spend the money you run the risk of missing out on adventures like the one Bighouse just experienced.

Wow, hunt of a lifetime. Thanks for taking the time to take and share those photos, great story.

Back