Sitka Pre Season Savings

Oldest piece of hunting clothing or gear?

I'll never admit this to Oak but...a 20 dollar CRKT fixed blade w/guthook. It has field dressed many deer, hog, and turkey...and has never been misplaced or left behind.

I had a pair of long John's (the kind with the back door flapper) full piece. These were my go to underwear when I needed luck. Unfortunately they finally fell to pieces that I couldn't wear. I think they were 20 years old. Dumped many a load while wearing them. Thanks for the thread this really brought back some fond memories of me and my undies.

A Model 12 / 12ga. full choke. I got it when I was in high school (60's)
Haven't shot it for years. But... I can't see myself selling it.
I bought a 12 ga. Mod 500, Ithaca/SKB, O/U, new in 1974, and I would hate to see the pile of feathers it has been responsible for. :)

Last edited:
I still carry my Buck Lite knife that I bought close to 30 years ago when I started hunting. It's always been in my pack and I've used it to work on almost every animal I've broken down. I will admit that I purchased a Havalon knife this year and plan on taking it along with the Buck Lite. My stabilizer on my current 2009 bow is about 25 years old. Ed F

My first gun. My mom got for me when I was 12. A glenfield model 25 bolt action .22 by marlin. I just love this little gun.Shot many a bunny and squirrel with it among a few badgers and prairie dogs.

Back