Caribou Gear

Old Trap Identification

COEngineer

I found this in the woods while doing a fence project with RMEF. I asked the CPW guy and he said to throw it on the recycling pile...so, kept it.

Anyway, what is it and how does it work? Links to websites or videos would be great, but just knowing the name of this type of trap (snare?) would help me.

Thanks in advance.20220626_Trap.jpg

Well...that's embarrassing. I think someone suggested it was a trap of some sort and I just ran with it. Now I wonder if the CPW guy was just being polite and not telling us, "You idiots, it's not a trap, it's a wire spool." One of those situations where a dose of harsh honesty would have saved further embarrassment.

Well...that's embarrassing. I think someone suggested it was a trap of some sort and I just ran with it. Now I wonder if the CPW guy was just being polite and not telling us, "You idiots, it's not a trap, it's a wire spool." One of those situations where a dose of harsh honesty would have saved further embarrassment.

Hang it on your wall, tell the visiting relatives it's a trap, they'll never know the difference ;)

You're from Colorado right? How would you know what a trap looks like? They're illegal there!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back