Old Squaw

stephenk22

Hey guys!

Thought I would share the last duck hunt of my season with you. Hunting Old Squaws out of layout boats on lake Michigan. I was invited out by some guys I do hunting photography for and was blessed to have this opportunity! We ended up shooting 20 birds total and most of us sent birds out to the taxidermist.

If you ever get the opportunity don't pass it up. It's probably the most fun you can have pass shooting.

kd90fs.jpg

vew0zm.jpg

2q37s0n.jpg

28l3l90.jpg

14o3n8g.png

Those are beautiful birds, I really think the divers make the most striking mounts. Congratulations

Awesome. I'm doing my first seaduck hunt out of a layout boat in jan in the Chesapeake bay! I'm really excited for it, looking for a old squaw and surf scooter.

That looks awesome! Beautiful birds. We have friends out there inviting us to do that, but they quit after having a close call in the layouts a few years ago. Those will make some great mounts.

Oh Wow! That's definitely high on the list for me. Thanks for sharing that hunt!!

Hunting old squaws is so much fun. Fun environment, beautiful birds and super dumb. Although they sure taste terrible. Congrats on your hunt though and post some pics of when you get them mounted! I've got one and it turned out awesome.

Thanks guys! My taxidermist said they would be done sometime in February/March, I will post up the pics once its finished.

Very nice photos, looks like fun. Surprised to see the lake so flat.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back