Yeti GOBOX Collection

Old school paper application in Montana

MTGunner

Guess I’m old school and still like a paper application albeit it seems Montana has gone strictly online application. Not happy with having to pay the state and CCC the extra 3%. Not to worry as this does not break the bank. Just aggravates this old hunter. Grrrrr.....
MTG

I remember mailing in our paper apps as a kid. Been doing it online for so long that I assumed they phased that out.
But I do prefer to have a paper tag in my pocket over the digital app.

I remember mailing a paper application in NV with a check attached. 👨‍🦳 Then waiting for a refund after not drawing anything.

It really annoys me to be required to pay the credit card fees. On Wyoming the 2.5% credit card transaction fee is $125 on a Bull Bison application. Sure wish there was another option that would allow payment via EFT or Venmo or something other than having to pay the fee. They hold onto you money for 4 months on the elk tag and over 2 months on the sheep and goat tags. Cry baby here I know but it adds up over several states and applying for myself and my son.

The annoying part for me is the fees on top of the fees on top of the fees. Like a $6 application fee, $55 convenience fee, etc... Like I would have rather just gone to an office and filled out ppw like before.

I agree the paper applications were nice. States like Idaho are a mess when applying for elk with the site crashing. A post was just created about the MT site crashing as well.

Back