Old bear trap

Northwoods

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 24, 2016
Messages
836
Location
MN
While scouting this afternoon I found this old Newhouse No. 5 trap. I lugged that sucker out of the woods and after hosing it off it appears to be in pretty good shape. I know some of these traps are worth some money. Any ideas on the value?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3097.jpeg
    IMG_3097.jpeg
    5.8 MB · Views: 78
  • IMG_3095.jpeg
    IMG_3095.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 78
  • IMG_3094.jpeg
    IMG_3094.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 78
While scouting this afternoon I found this old Newhouse No. 5 trap. I lugged that sucker out of the woods and after hosing it off it appears to be in pretty good shape. I know some of these traps are worth some money. Any ideas on the value?
That is an incredible find. Take another picture or two with a soda can next to it for reference. Your pictures don't do it justice.
 
We have 2. One was my Dad's the other was given to my brother by our old friend and neighbor before he passed away from cancer.
They both got a lot of use between 1950- the early 70s in our neck of the woods
Great find. I wouldn't sell. But if you do please let me know
It would be cool to know the stories behind it!
 
Back
Top