Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Ok, so now I need a back-up plan because I'm a dummy.

Where is your buddy's Montana charitable doe hunt? You can surely get an OTC tag for a doe in the same district?
He doesn’t even know for sure. Like Missoula or some shit he thinks. I guess it’s only for veteran Backdoor Hunters and Anglers.

He doesn’t even know for sure. Like Missoula or some shit he thinks. I guess it’s only for veteran Backdoor Hunters and Anglers.
I'm guessing east side. He should get the details. Just about any day I'm bird hunting on the Hi Line I'll see a dozen or two deer. If I go looking for deer it is not unusual to see a hundred in a day. Last year I counted twenty-six working up one long coolee after our first morning's hunt in early November. All but one were does and fawns and pretty sure I wasn't seeing the same deer repeatedly. In short, there are tons of deer in that country and most landowners are happy to have the does culled. Many who have property posted will let you take a doe ... or several. To shoot a doe you'll actually have to make it hard to make it a hunt. Careful or they will hunt you. My Jimmy is now wearing a different coloured hood and shiny chrome grill courtesy of Kalispell wrecking yard after clobbering a buck on Hwy 2 east of Malta last fall. Killed that one in the EXACT same spot where I wiped out a yearling on the way to my fortieth HS reunion in C Falls eleven years ago. The blood on the highway between Glasgow and Havre looks like a war zone on any given day of the year. The short twenty mile stretch along the Milk River between Chinook and Havre is particularly bad for deer! Don't drive it at night unless tailgating a cattle truck. They'll clear the way for you. Many landowners in that area are begging for does to be shot (but stingy about bucks!).

Well, men. I'm officially in for a LO tag in Unit 37 for a Wyoming cow elk after things didn't pan out in the Idaho returned tag sale yesterday. If I draw, I think I'll be happy with the tag and the experience. Thanks for all the advice and help!

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back