****OFFICIAL****2024 SPRING BEAR THREAD

It was a too cold and stormy to work bees this morning, so I thought I'd spend a couple hours looking for a bear. I debated on two or three different places and finally made up my mind. Turns out it was a pretty lucky choice. I just started glassing when this nice boar came trotting up out of the swampy/grassy area. It was one of the easier pack/drag outs I've had in a long time and I was back at the house and done taking care of the meat before noon. It will be time to get the 3 gobblers and the bear ready for the grinder soon.
2024 OR spring bear (1).jpg

I just got back from another backpacking trip this weekend. Holy moly I'm a small bear magnet this year. 2 sows (w/4 cubs) and 3 smaller/solo bears this trip. It was fun to explore a new area deep in a drainage. I just wish I'd see another boar! The one earlier this season, that I couldn't get to because it was on cliffs, has been my only shot so far. If someone could tie one to a tree for me near Missoula, that would be great ;)

bear count spring 2024 (so far): 14 (non-cub/yearling) bears and only 1 shooter.
1000005380.jpg1000005403.jpg1000005354.jpg1000005333.jpg

What elevation are you at and general location when shooting bears now later into season. Glad to see some bears on the ground.

Last edited:
I could "see" the lumbering in his gate in post #351

I bet the forest floor he chose for his final resting place feels like walking on a trampoline

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jd Gardner
Back