Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

****OFFICIAL****2024 SPRING BEAR THREAD

i tried them out last saturday as per pics and they make a world of difference on springpack crusty snow,,hardly sinks in at all,,maybe a few inches,but floats right over the spring crust snow,,regular tires on a quad or truck would be stuck in the first drift deeper than a foot or so,,i should be able to get to places nobody else can get to,,[unless they have tracks also]] and at the price of tracks,,that limits alot of folks.

I hope to make it to Idaho this year. Going to have to be in April as my wife is due early June. Do I know where I'm going?

Negative ghostrider.
Well said. I love the Roosevelt quote BTW. I've spent some time in the sawtooths and pioneers chasing mule deer and elk, and have seen bear. I would likely go west- towards the Snake River, my two cents.

Well said. I love the Roosevelt quote BTW. I've spent some time in the sawtooths and pioneers chasing mule deer and elk, and have seen bear. I would likely go west- towards the Snake River, my two cents.
Thanks. Seen/hunted bears in Idaho from Bellevue to Grangeville. Just need to look at some maps as see where some access will be.

Pretty nice weather forecast for this week. Plan to set baits on the 6th. Maybe I’ll be able to bear hunt opener this year

I’m out fishing in south central Montana today. peaks are snowy but the foothills and river bottoms are starting to sprout the good green stuff. I’ll be out opening week and expect to see bears. I love spring in Montana.

I also want to remind everyone hunting Montana of the new regulations this spring. Anyone who shoots a sow in the quota districts shall be beaten severely and forfeit all hunting for the next 5 years.

I’m out fishing in south central Montana today. peaks are snowy but the foothills and river bottoms are starting to sprout the good green stuff. I’ll be out opening week and expect to see bears. I love spring in Montana.

I also want to remind everyone hunting Montana of the new regulations this spring. Anyone who shoots a sow in the quota districts shall be beaten severely and forfeit all hunting for the next 5 years.
520 ain't making it to May with only 7 bitches too dump.

Squeezing in a late April trip here in Idaho. First baby is due early June, otherwise I’d be out in mid May. Found a lower elevation spot that should be just right. Thankful, for once, for a mild winter.

Back