Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Off reservation trust land, South Dakota

SD_Prairie_Goat

Anyone know about this type of pubic? Wondering if you can disperse camp on it? Looks like you can public hunt at a min.

27621E61-1436-4BF8-891C-E1361FA477AC.png

I'd be hard pressed to believe you can hunt that. I honestly don't know if you can or can't but I'd be doing my homework before heading out there.

This has been a big issue in Montana. Indian Trust lands are NOT part of the reservation. The revenue attained from leasing the land to ranchers is "held in trust" for the local tribe. The Montana Indian Trust lands I always presumed were federal property. A couple of years ago a bunch of hooligans from the Ft Belknap Reservation tried to block hunters access and my buddy from Havre got caught in the crossfire while trying to drive through to the breaks. They actually abducted a local deputy at gunpoint. It was quite the standoff. The tribe's lawyer came out and apologized. "These clowns just won't listen to me or anyone else. We don't own this land. Sorry for your trouble. We'll make it right if you'll just forget it ever happened." The tribal chief, a great gal I knew from my days working as a ranger in the area, did indeed fix it for him. A tribal membership card arrived in the mail!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back