Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

ODFW's wolf debate has got Oregon residents howling

Elkchsr,when we first moved to Idaho ,a friend said he saw a wolf,but was told there weren't any in Idaho at that time.
Same thing they are doing in Oregon.
If they admit to it then the reintroduction isnt need.
Steve and I heard a wolf howling behind our camp one year,during those years they werent here

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

They still had the signs up asking everyone to report any sightings.When I talked to a Fish & game officer about it he said ,we didnt have any right now but just in case we get some moving in from other states we want to hear about it so we can check the place out,and do a study.
["MD4M says, "We were told we didnt have wolves in Idaho before the re-introduction".

"Nobody with any brains ever said any such thing! What an idiotic statement! "]

There could be some truth to that statement Ithaca,it was a officer from Fish & Game and he did look like he had just rolled out of collage.
Maybe that Peckerhead bird isnt so elusive after all. LOL

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 01-30-2003 21:10: Message edited by: Muledeer4me ]</font>

Elkchser, I was a director of Idaho's Citizen's Against Poaching from 1982 until the 90s. All during that time at the F&G Dept. it was known by the biologists and management people from the Director on down that there were wolves in Idaho---right down to the lowest bureaucrat in the Dept. Nobody ever even thought of making a secret of it, it was so well known. It never occurred to me there might be anyone who didn't know it until I read what MD4M said!

There was even an information board at the time at the Boise Zoo that had pictures of wolf tracks found about 60 miles north of Boise in the 80s, and some info about them---where and when they were found.

So it was public knowledge and anyone who said there weren't wolves in Idaho would have been laughed at by most people.

The official F&G position on re-introduction was that we already had wolves and they should be allowed to increase naturally if that was possible for them, but we didn't need transplants. That was a publicly stated policy.

Anyone who ever thought there weren't wolves in Idaho didn't know anything about the subject and must not have made even the most basic effort to find out.

Of course, you could probably find someone in Idaho who would tell you we don't have grizzly bears either, but who in their right mind would believe them!
rolleyes.gif

ithaca said
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Isn't it amazing that she gets caught in such a blatent falsehood and she and mike attack me for pointing out the truth!?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
What did I say???
rolleyes.gif

Is your skin a bit thin?? All I did was poke a bit of fun at you.
aktion054.gif
aktion027.gif
aktion069.gif

Mike, Ya wanta know the truth or not? I point out that MD doesn't know what she's running off at the mouth about, post links showing the truth and you decide to jump in with your juvenile baby rancher antics. Hard to believe you never matured anymore after first grade, but it's true. You're just like those school kids you hang around with all day.
biggrin.gif
Typical welfare rancher--can't stand it when the truth comes out.
yawn.gif

The Cascade Mountains come down in the middle of Washington state, I don't believe they are with in the Idaho state boundaries, I could be mistaken on that. This was some whirr in the neighbor hood of just east of Stevens Pass, some hundred or so miles into central Washington. That area is a long way from where the wolves are supposed to be in Canada and it is definitely a long way from the areas in Id. you guy's all talk about. the tracks were some four inches across and in the dust on top of the ridges. I don't know how rugged the mountains are in the areas that you guy's are talking about, but they are almost straight up and down on both sides in most of the Cascades because they are a new mountain range, compared to the older more warn Rockies!!!

LOL I never said I didnt believe there were wolves in Idaho,but inless Ithaca was in my back pocket I dont see how he would know who I talked to or what was said or when I first came to Idaho.
Good try old man!!!!
If he will check his notes LOL he might find that many of us stated that the wolf was here so why bother with re-introduction!!!
But the fact still remains that there were people saying we didnt have wolves in Idaho yet they were being sighted.

WOW someones mind is working overtime.
rolleyes.gif

With all the little nit picking someone is doing ,it makes me think his childhood must of been full of demands he couldnt keep up with or overbearing parents that squished his already fragil little ego.
What a pity.
What happened ,did your sibings get all the attention ?

eek.gif
eek.gif

Here's MD4M's post: "We were told we didnt have wolves in Idaho before the re-introduction But they sure had the posters up telling people what the tracks look like & how to tell the difference between a coyote and a wolf,oh and PLEASE REPORT ALL SIGHTINGS LOL
Then if someone reported one ,it was said they didnt know how to tell the difference. "

Now she's trying to slither out of it by saying she didn't believe it when told there weren't wolves in ID!
rolleyes.gif

Ithaca, i hope this nonstop arguing with mike and mulebutt isnt affecting your work or anything. Your never going to change them.

My two cents....i respect mike and ithaca no matter their views. As for Mulebutt, as the grinch would say, "loath completely".

Party on.

Rocky, please, don't screw with people's names down here in SI, we have a hard enough time keeping people from killing eachother the way it is. I'm sure you've noticed that
wink.gif

Damn, that was different, usually I have to ask people not to screw with Ithaca's name.... what is the world coming to?????
biggrin.gif

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 01-31-2003 16:07: Message edited by: MarlandS ]</font>

We had a pair of wolves living in the mountains just a few miles south of my house about 20 years ago. Fish and Game said it was impossible until one of the guys from my office got a picture. Then for the next several years they watched them but tried to keep it as quiet as possible.

There was a male and a female but they never had any pups so ODFW concluded that they probubly had been living in captivity and had been nutered. They think they were either released or excaped.

I would think that a lot of wolves seen inplace that "don't have wolves" could be ex-domestics.

People have turned many "hybrid" or domestic wolf/dogs loose, but F&G just puts out some dog food and catches them real easily. They don't have the smarts to survive in the wild and aren't afraid of people, so they get hungry and come looking for handouts. At least that's the way it is in Idaho. Maybe it's easier for them to adapt to the wild somewhere else.

Back