Oddities Afield

This is one of mine. Out in the middle of nowhere on the Arizona Strip.
striphunt008.jpg

My Uncle raised Emu's during the 90's. He bought a adult pair bred them had 25 babies. Sold all of them bought 6 more adult pairs bred them and had hundreds of babies. He made money the first 2 years after that he couldn't give them away. Ended up letting all of them go on property the family has that he keeps cattle on. They lasted about a year before the Coyotes and Coon asses got them all. One day I was at a boat landing near the property and there was one walking along the levee. A craw fisherman pulled up at the landing and was shocked at the bird. I found it funny. I've eaten the meat a few times and found it ok as a novelty. I wouldn't go out of my way for it.

Dad and I found a snowmobile while elk hunting in Colorado with the skis just fitting around a big pine. .it was in pretty decent shape and I tried to start it but it didn't fire. My Dad was looking around by it and say's "hey look around, there's probably a slightly used snow suit and helmet around here somewhere"! :eek:Thank goodness we didn't find that! I'll have to find the pic tonight.

I did get my butt kicked by a grouse fly fishing on the Boulder River south of Big Timber, MT a while back... Then it chased my truck up the road and back down the road on the way back that afternoon. Must have had a nest close by. Sorry for language in the video.

I tried to embed the video but for some reason it would not let me. But its to good to at least not post a link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3M7RRK6i0cw

Here is a photo of me doing the "chicken" dance.

Attachments

• 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adscarpernter