Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

oddest rack mule deer i have taken in mt.

jbm

i am getting ready to head out next week maybe wed for a mule deer hunt and was looking at a few older pix from that area we hunt to see the dates we hunted in the past. this pic came up and it is still the oddest racked mule deer i have ever taken. its just so round a swear you could set a basketball inside of it. it is also 1 of the biggest bodied mule deer bucks i have ever taken. i have taken alot of other big bodied deer from this area and i bet this 1 was getting very close to being a trus 300 lb buck.our f&g here aged him at 10 1/2 yrs old.

so what is the oddest racked buck some of you guys have taken over the yrs ?
does not have to be very big just maybe a bit different.

Attachments

• saco mule deer.jpg
    saco mule deer.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 1,200
I was trying to fill a muley doe tag Friday afternoon on some heavily hunted public ground and only turned up bucks. One was a little 3 pt plus eye guards. The odd thing about him was he was still in full velvet. Not that uncommon, but still an oddity for me.

In 32 years of hunting I've never shot an odd racked buck. I certainly wouldn't pass on one especially that bruiser you shot there.

This is the deer my grandfather shot a couple years ago. Very memorable experience and coolest deer I've seen in person.
attachment.php

This buck that my daughter shot 2 years ago is still the most unique looking mule deer I have ever seen.
Nelly4CloseUp_zps5480f577.jpg

Cleaned up.
Nelly1_zps28d27c55.jpg

One from behind.
Nelly2_zpsa90cffbe.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back