Obtaining Information from Fish and Game

HuntDon

Hey Guys,
I recently finished reading through Idaho's 5 year mule deer management plan. It has some good information but it isn't at all specific. If I was interested in obtaining information for a specific unit, how would I go about that? Obviously, I could call IDFG and ask but I don't want them to give me the runaround. I am hoping to get a better idea of the data request procedure. Would I be able to get information such as buck count, total deer population, or post-rut buck to doe ratio? Thanks!

Most state game and fish agencies have regional offices, contact the one that your unit is in and ask to speak with a biologist who covers the unit. The information available can be variable depending on the unit so just ask and see what they have. Some bios are more responsive than others, and they are all pretty busy this time of year.

Most state game and fish agencies have regional offices, contact the one that your unit is in and ask to speak with a biologist who covers the unit. The information available can be variable depending on the unit so just ask and see what they have. Some bios are more responsive than others, and they are all pretty busy this time of year.
This ^^^^^^

Find the biologist in your desired region and reach out. Also be very understanding as the few weeks following the draw results posting is a very busy time. I also encourage you to be prepared with your specific questions so you can be efficient with their time.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back