NW MT rainy day bull

Beautiful bull. It's nice when everything works out once in a while.

I have been called a dog's ass before, so I hope the sun shines on me during the next 8 days in CO. I wouldn't need one that big to be very happy!

Nice job Draht, way to make it come together. Nice heavy dark horns on that bad boy.

Thinking back on it, its crazy how fast an animal of that size can go down when you double punch em. Found the arrow on the third trip in, perfect condition, I can just replace the blades and use it on the next one. I am just so glad I made a good shot.

Thanks guys.

South Fork is where I have been hunting. So has the rest of the planet. Did an overnighter last weekend, miles into a basin, sitting down to a nice mtn house seafood chowder, and two guys come hiking up some 2000 feet up onto the ridge I was on. LOL. Seriously???? The look on their face was priceless.
They have closed the west side road from the dam to 11 mile. Soooo the east side is getting pounded. If you know a good basin in the middle fork, you may want to hit that, the pressure on the east side has got to be pushing some elk into the middle fork.

That is crazy. So I bet the dry park area is clear of elk. I know of a couple of areas in the middle. I wonder if driving all the way around the res would be worth it. I know of a couple of area's that usually hold elk on the west side. Out of curiosity do you know a guy by the name of Chris Trinkle or Paul Horner?

WOW! Fantastic looking bull! Great how that worked out! One just never knows... Great job!

That is crazy. So I bet the dry park area is clear of elk. I know of a couple of areas in the middle. I wonder if driving all the way around the res would be worth it. I know of a couple of area's that usually hold elk on the west side. Out of curiosity do you know a guy by the name of Chris Trinkle or Paul Horner?

I don't know them, heard of of Paul Horner. Just wanted to say I am NOT an expert, just trying to fill you in on what I have seen. I was going to hit the middle fork this weekend, but I guess I will be cutting meat instead.

That is a great bull, looks like those main beams are real heavy. Great job!

Back