NW CO Opinions?

GrantK

I'm somewhat in no man's land with 9 resident points, given the late dates this year I'm thinking about burning them so I can get back to hunting easy to draw units, I've been lucky and picked up reissue tags for the last 4 years but it sounds like that is probably ending and I like hunting frequently, looking at the stats I'm probably a decade out from the next tier in tags so it seems like a good time to cash out...

I know about the Gunnison Basin, and it's possible that I'll go that direction, I can draw pretty much any tag there except the one I actually want... However, I live pretty close and have spent a ton of time there, it's hard to get excited about the quality of the deer that I see there these days, sure, with the moderate winter so far it may be a good year, and there is always the chance of getting lucky, but I feel like I'd be lucky to find a deer bigger than I can find on a 2-3 point tag, that brings me to my question:

Did anyone hunt the archery or muzzy seasons in 2-10-201 in the last couple of years? or Unit 1 3rd rifle? there appears to be not all that much info floating around online about these hunts, which I generally take as a good sign, however, it does leave me a bit in the dark about what I should expect for both quantity and quality of deer, as well as access, success rates appear to be really good, but is that a function of outfitted hunters on the ag fields?
feel free to keep any conversations to PM, I'm happy to exchange info on quite a few limited elk units as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back