NV

Duck-Slayer

I got the card in the mail, Online Applications are available starting March 23...

Also am I reading the regs right that the ruby's are 100%? with last year having 123 first choice and there's 199 available....
Matt

Since they look at all 5 choices it is very difficult to determine your true odds in NV, especially since NV only publishes numbers of 1st choice applicants. Same deal in NM (with 3 choices), but at least you can find the #applicants for every choice in that state.

The Ruby Mountains always have leftover archery tags and last year had muzzleloader tags leftover. Usually the only leftover rifle tags are junior hunts, doe and cow tags for depredation hunts. These leftover tags are usually all taken care of in the second draw. I'm not sure if anything is left for OTC after that. After the main draw anything that wasn't picked up by non-residents will now be available for everyone. I hope this helps you out.

Last edited:
There are always leftover archery tags for residents but not sure about non res. As Antcap said there were leftover archery tags also after the second drawing which are first come first severed for anybody.
It is a very difficult hunt but there are some great bucks to be had if you are willing to burn up the boot leather and get away from the roads.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back