Nuther Shiras eats dirt...

Really a great hunt for that bull.Try letting bugs work it over outside for a while,then use a pressure washer.Would help to boil a bit but since you cant it may take longer.

Now I'm cursing him cause I hate picking at the back of the skull where all that connective tissue hangs on... and...I could NOT get the top of his skull in the boiler... not without submersing 40 inches of fricken rack...so I am scraping that chit off with a chisel

Ha! My dink moose from 2002 is still hanging in the garage because I couldn't stuff the back of the skull into my golden boiling pot. Good luck!!

Really nice moose you got there.

I have an alpha max... I suck at bowhunting, so I figure I should just suck with my longbow. I love shooting them, really dont enjoy the compound. Carried it last year for elk and got no more opportunities than I would with my longbow. I love to hunt. I do love to kill also, but the feeling I get carrying the LB and not killing is just fine... To each their own I guess.

seriously though, I go back and forth. I'm sure I'll kill something with each of them over the years, and when all else fails, I'll send the barnes down range..

That is a fantastic bull. I really want to pull a tag and try for one with my bow! Congratulations.

Congrats on a very nice bull. I was with a friend last year in that same area. Once you have spent time there, its hard to forget. Wish they would cut the bull tags in half.

Thanks for the story and pics of yor adventure!

That's a dang nice shiras! And for wild game, it doesn't get much better. You better be careful, that moose hunting is addictive. Congrats on a dang good one!

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back