Yeti GOBOX Collection

NR North Dakota Rifle

bigfoot11

Hey guys. Have a couple questions about non-res rifle hunting. I have read through ND hunting regs but just looking for clarification that would help.

My game plan is to Mule deer hunt the Little Missouri National Grassland during the 2023 rifle season.

1.) Is all non-res rifle by lottery only?

2.) If you receive a non-res tag are you only able to hunt the specific unit you applied or is that tag valid state wide?

3.) Is there any special applications needed to hunt the Little Missouri?

Thanks for the help gentlemen!

Hey guys. Have a couple questions about non-res rifle hunting. I have read through ND hunting regs but just looking for clarification that would help.

My game plan is to Mule deer hunt the Little Missouri National Grassland during the 2023 rifle season.

2.) If you receive a non-res tag are you only able to hunt the specific unit you applied or is that tag valid state wide?

1. Yes
2. That unit only
3. No application, go hunt!

Not sure what unit you are in but western ND chasing mulies is by far my favorite hunting there is.

Good luck getting a tag …… 2043 you might get a tag ….

Oh, I read it as 2022 and thought he had the tag. Yeah, that's a hard draw.

Thanks guys!

2023-2043 it is what it is. I would just like to start applying and hopefully get one. Being from Minnesota I travel through the state of ND frequently and just want to get everything dialed in for applying, Really appreciate the clarification though fellas

Thanks guys!

2023-2043 it is what it is. I would just like to start applying and hopefully get one. Being from Minnesota I travel through the state of ND frequently and just want to get everything dialed in for applying, Really appreciate the clarification though fellas
I would apply and never waste another minute even thinking about it until you actually draw which quite frankly could be never.

I would apply and never waste another minute even thinking about it until you actually draw which quite frankly could be never.
No, I agree. I just have to plan my work vacations a year in advance. So I would have to plan those weeks off in december for the chance I do get a tag the following fall. Also helps that the ND rifle weeks are roughly the same as in MN so I am hunting either way.

Tough draw….took me 14 points to draw as a NR, my guess Is if you’re starting out now, it may take 25-30 years to draw a MD tag as a NR

The archery “any deer” tag is an easier draw, although getting tougher every year.

Reactions: DFS
Non res in ND is super hard to draw anywhere. I think 1% of tags go to non res and that’s after a high % go to landowners first I think. But someone has to draw. I drew a non res buck tag my first time applying after moving from there. Lol. Good luck.

Non res in ND is super hard to draw anywhere. I think 1% of tags go to non res and that’s after a high % go to landowners first I think. But someone has to draw. I drew a non res buck tag my first time applying after moving from there. Lol. Good luck.

lmao thats awesome. I know it will be awhile but thought I would just ask!

how many points are you sitting on?. I have 7 points and it will still probably be at least 10 years but it is cheap to apply.

Hunting mulies in the badlands is an absolute blast! As a resident ive had 2 tags in the last 14 years but ill gladly give up rifle hunting whitetails and wait for that mule deer tag! Good luck! as others have said the archery is a little easier of a draw doesnt hurt to try for that one as well!

Hunting mulies in the badlands is an absolute blast! As a resident ive had 2 tags in the last 14 years but ill gladly give up rifle hunting whitetails and wait for that mule deer tag! Good luck! as others have said the archery is a little easier of a draw doesnt hurt to try for that one as well!
Have you shot nice muleys with the 2 tags ? That’s a long time to wait in between tags . If you love it why not apply for whitetail buck and get a tag every year or every other in the badlands ? But yea your right the badlands are special

Have you shot nice muleys with the 2 tags ? That’s a long time to wait in between tags . If you love it why not apply for whitetail buck and get a tag every year or every other in the badlands ? But yea your right the badlands are special
Last years wasnt too bad of a mule deer. i bow hunt Whitetail every year around where i live. I had thought about doing it opposite after drawing mule deer last year. Where i would rifle hunt whitetail and then bow hunt mule deer. The unit i bow hunt in is about a 2-5 year wait for a buck tag. We will see what i do next year with my dad getting up there in age to really get into some of these areas where i know the bigger ones are at he wouldn't be able to make it anymore especially if we have to wait another 8 years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back