Yeti GOBOX Collection

Notes from www.wintersoldier.com

I do not think military service should be a prerequisite for the Presidency. I do think that it can be a positive experience - direct exposure to war can make someone think twice about starting one, he/she would know just what they were committing our troops to, it can be a learning experience as far as leadership under stress goes, acceptance of responsibility, etc. Courage is needed in a leader, and that should be obvious. Any previous demonstration of that quality or any other desirable quality should be a consideration as to who you vote for. ( Courage, honesty, integrity, intelligence, morals, ethics, etc.)

Cali, I agree with what you said, good post.

What you posted is why I didnt vote for Bush, and wont vote for him again.

IE:

Courage: Dodged vietnam, not too courageous.

Honesty: Enron, Haliburton, WMD's, etc. etc. fails again.

Integrity: Lacks that too, refuses to take the blame for his intelligence agency, not only that actually blames them.

Intelligence: Strategery??? need I say more? Oh, yeah, one more thing that isnt real smart: his stance on illegal imigrants.

Morals/ethics: Take a look at his environmental record...mining the Rocky Mountain Front in Montana, even mentioning that shows his lack of land ethics. Take a look at a few of his business deals, not real ethical. This is his biggest downfall as far as I'm concerned.

I'm real concerned the dummcrat Kerry has bigger issues in each of those abstract categories: courage, honesty, integrity, intelligence and morals.

There's no doubt Bush is a stronger leader for the good of the country and the world at this point.

There is no way you can say Bush has more ethics than Kerry. Have you all forgotten that Bush was governor of Texas? That is the state that brags about Canned Hunts and High Fences, Deer Feeders and Hunting Buggys.

If Dubya had a lick of ethics, he would have banned all the High Fences in Texas, ordered the immediate removal of all the Exotics.

Let's not try and portray ANYBODY from Texas as having ethics on a Hunting Forum....

Aw, please gunner. Do you mean to tell us that if dubya banned canned hunts, you'd vote for him? Gimmeabreak!

JSWA,
Actually, I may vote for him anyway, but not because I am mis-led into thinking he has ethics.

The thing I like most about him is the Tax Cuts he gave the wealthiest 2%, as it is allowing me to book a few more hunts to go on to a couple of "hunts of a lifetime" that I had always wanted.

You see, I am torn between supporting Bush's "Play today, Pay tomorrow" agenda and my normal, Play today, Pay Today". But with Bush and his Tax Cuts, I can Play today and Pay today. I am not sure how bad I should feel for my children and grandchildren as they pay off the deficit that Bush created in 3 years.

George Bush talks about steady leadership in his new multi-million dollar, revisionist history ad campaign, but unfortunately you can’t provide ‘steady leadership’ without credibility. And George Bush has lost credibility with the American people. He said he would create 3.9 million jobs, but 3 million more people have lost their jobs. He said he would make health care more affordable, but 2.8 million more have lost their health insurance. He said he would cut the federal debt by $1 trillion, but his policies have added $1 trillion more, leaving the federal debt at over $7 trillion.

911 kind of messed things up. What makes you think Kerry wouldn't mess them up more? You got to do more than protest what you don't like to make things better.

Wow, that wasn't nearly the controversial topic I thought it'd be. So, to sum up Cali's thoughts as I understand them, military service is not a requirement of the presidency; it can merely serve as a good indicator of presidential qualities. A person who has not served in the military at all--neither Nat'l Guard nor Viet Nam nor Gulf War--can still possess these qualities, and indeed may excel at being President. Correct?

I've got no game. I'm trying to ask legitimate questions and maybe to straighten some things out in my own mind.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back