Not Traditional Venison

WH's OutdoorsChick

Just wondering if you can help me out with some less traditional ideas for Venison. I usually make beef stroganoff or just fry it up in the pan. I do have some recipes that I found I would like to try, but I am looking for something real simple, I can just whip up after work....

Cut it into very thin strips and stir fry quickly. Add a bag of your favorite frozen veggies and add 1 cup of water. . Mix one cup of soy sauce with one cup of Karo Syrup. Pour over the meat and veggies. Add garlic and pepper to taste. Mix 2 Teaspoons of cornstarch with 1/2 cup cold water and thicken sauce. Serve plain or over rice.

Nemont

Take some steaks down to the butcher and have them run them through the tenderiser or do yourself. salt and pepper, roll in flour fry in pan in a little butter with some red onions. Serve with some green beans, baked potatoe with your favorite toppins and a chilled glass of beer. MMMM GOOOD!:)

Here is one that is easy and very delicious.

Huntermans Mountain Meal
1 1/2 lbs. of game meat, cut in 1 inch cubes
1 large onion
2 stalks celery, diced
3 tabsp. vegetable oil
10 3/4 oz. crean chicken soup
10 3/4 oz. cream mushroom soup
4 oz. canned mushrooms
4 teas. soy sauce
dash salt
pepper
1 cup carrots
1 cup water
1/4 cup dry red wine

Brown meat, celery and onion in oil,
In slow cooker add soups, mushrooms, soy sauce, salt and pepper, then add meat, onions and celery, mix well
Then add the wine and carrots.
Simmer on low in for 1 1/2 hours till done. Serve over egg noodles.

Wow thaks Guys

I guess I can add one of my Favs

I love doing Venison stoganoff

I pan fry the venion with onions and mushrooms

I add a can of Cream of mushroom soup and let it simmer for a while

Then I add sour cream to it and it is so so good

we sometimes will make noodles to put over it, but most the time we put it over toast!

This one is not fast at all but you will not be dissapointed.

Take a whole backstrap and smoke it for 1 to 1and 1/2 hours, you don't want it to be done just firmed up and kinda smokey.

Lay the loin on a cutting board and as thin as possible cut it into slices at about a 45 degree angle.

Now fire up the grill and grill some onions and bell peppers together. While they are simmering on the side cook the thin slices of backstrap (but be carefull not to over cook it).

Stack the slices as thick as you would like on a hoagie type bun and top with the grilled onions and bell peppers (you can also add a sauce like an onoin sauce or soy or something like that if you wish).

it takes awhile to make but is well worth the effort. I have served this to people that claim to hate venison and the love it.

WEST MUSCADINE HUNTING CLUB

RECIPE FOR DEER WRAPS:

1 PKG. OF DEER STEAK OR BACKSTRAP
1 PKG. OF SKEWERS (12”)
WORCHESTERS & SEASONINGS (McCORMICK STEAK SEASONINGS)
PKG. OF BACON
PKG. OF SMOKED SAUSAGE
ONE LARGE ONION (OPTIONAL)

CUT MEAT INTO SLIGHTLY SMALLER THAN DOMINO SIZE PIECES.
TENDERIZE, EITHER WITH EDGE OF A SAUCER OR USE A MECHANICAL ONE.
MARINATE WITH WORCHESTER & SEASON.
CUT BACON SLICES IN HALF.
CUT SMOKED SAUSAGE INTO MEDALLIONS.
QUARTER ONION.

TAKE MEAT AND WRAP BACON AROUND EACH PIECE, PLACE ONTO SKEWER, THEN ADD A MEDALLION OF SAUSAGE, THEN A SLICE OF ONION. REPEAT UNTIL YOU HAVE RUN OUT OF MEAT.

SLOW COOK ON GRILL, DO NOT OVERCOOK! JUST BEFORE TAKING SKEWERS OFF GRILL, BAST WITH YOUR FAVORITE BBQ SAUCE.

SERVE WITH A BAKED POTATO AND A VEGGIE, MAYBE A SALAD.

TAKE CREDIT FOR COMING UP WITH THIS ALL BY YOURSELF, FORCING OTHERS INTO HAVING TO DO THE DISHES!!!

JOHN.

I like to take steaks and marinate them for about 5 minutes in Italian dressing, minced garlic, seasoning salt, pepper, and olive oil. Meanwhile I heat my grill up on high. using tongs I place the steaks on for a few minutes and then flip. cook to your doneness you prefer. We butcher our steaks thinner than most and cook it fast and to med-well done. Takes about 10 minutes to do the whole thing.

For a slower meal:

Take a good sized package of steaks and flour them and brown them in a fry pan. Dont cook just brown them. remove from pan. Then in a crock pot line bottom with chopped onions, celery, and carrots. layer one layer of steaks. cover with 1/3 of a mixture of 1 can of mushroom soup and 1 soup can sized can of tomatoe sauce. then reapeat with vegies, steaks & sauce till all the steaks have been layerd. Pour any remaing sauce mix over the top. cook on low for 6 hours or so and enjoy by itself or over rice.

dutch oven the same as crock pot.
quickly Brown the pieces of deer or elk cut into cubes and then add water seasonings and garlic pieces.
Make a stew that can be put on the fire around 2-3 pm and cover with coals. Then about 1-1.5 hours before you actually want to eat, add the potatoes and 1/2 before you eat add the carrots and other veggies to keep them crisper. takes alot of work to prepare using a dutch oven and lots of fire woods for coals.
not a quick dinner.
Good luck.

There's really not much to this one, but it works, in a pinch
Crock pot: 3 quart
2 cups Rice
2# chunked Venison
Water, to fill the pot, 'pert near
3 cubes Beef Bullion
1 BIG white,or yellow onion (cut in half, the thinly sliced)
Toss in some garlic salt, oragano, basil, and pepper.
Over night on Low.

Let the guys add Texas Pete, or what ever, when they spoon it out. Serve with cornbread, or biscuits. Corn on the cob, boiled new 'taters, & some black eye peas will round it out just right. :p

If Ya need Military directions, for 10- 50, then E-Mail me.................... ;)

Back