Caribou Gear Tarp

Not letting people go fishing!

Sunburns and supper :)

Nice fish!
Had a friend go out near chamberlain and it has crossed my mind; i thought SD was getting close to shutting down Nonresidents though...

fishing and hunting still open here, although the river landings on the CAN border have been closed down by the counties to keep the southerners from coming up to spread the disease to their small community

Good Morning
As of yesterday the Marine Board closed all Guide activity here in the state of OR Boat Ramps Closed, forest service, State and BLM Camp Grounds Closed. Stay inside orders have been put on the State.
Few locals still launching on Gravel Bars to Spring Chinook Fish and just staying away from general public. Nice not every Guide in the 3-4 States around us flocking in to fish for the Spring Chinook.
If we can keep the influx down a little hopefully it will help and use a little common sense. Hunter72

Idiots like this will get the waterways closed and nobody will be fishing.

Ahah, Oh my God, you're all so afraid of the coronavirus:) Guys, this is just a virus and it must get over about 60 percent of the population in order for people to develop immunity. I didn't stay at home and I'm not going to stay at home like an idiot on self-isolation. I am constantly having fun on weekends and next weekend I will go fishing with my father. We have even found a cool online store for buying spinnings. By the way did you know that the best spinning rods are produced in Japan? My father was told this by his friend. There is even a service that allows you to buy fishing products that are intended for the Japanese market! This is how we found out about Nihon Fishing. We ordered our fishing rods from there at very affordable prices and are sure that there is amazing quality because it is Japanese products! We are looking forward to your fishing rods to go fishing!

Last edited:
It probably wouldn't go this far if people would just stop being idiots and pretending this is "no worse than the flu" and listen to actual health authorities instead of pretending they know better...
You are spot-on. People generally don’t take suggestions seriously, resulting in mandates.

Good Morning Gentleman
Well here in Oregon the Next hit as of Thursday at mid night there is no longer any Out Of State Fisherman and Hunters allowed to do either until further notice.
The comply to just keep to yourself just has not happened in many,many cases and the spread of this virus continues.
I'm not sure why people do not understand the severity of this virus. It is only common sense that if we pay any attention or maybe a little more attention on the news, We can learn a little more each day what is happening here.
As Much as I's love to take the old Guy of 93 fishing with me, It is an absolute NO. Because I know even at my age of 72 that his chances of coming out being Ok after he tested positive with the virus are very slim.
We all have cabin fever and before it is over, We will probably be going a little Crazy.
If we all abide by what they are saying and stay away from others or at least the distancing, keep our hands washed, we should be Good.
Find things to do, Keep busy now with many not working is the time to catch up. We Hunters I'm sure can find much to do. I just wrote a little thread on the things I have done since I have stayed indoors.
Finished all my Brant Decoys with a fresh coat of paint, completed an old scull oar, and then made another, 2 week project, painted a fresh coat of paint on my scull and did some patch work for my son on his scull. I could do some reloading for my Rifle, but will wait on that as I'm going to go do a little Spring Chinook Fishing and be by myself for a couple days at a time. But keeping Busy or as Busy as possible and let the Virus work itself out with all our help it will end sooner then Later.
It does no one any good to continuously worry about what will? what if? or How long. It is what it is as the old saying goes. So we have to hang together and let it run its coarse.
Meaning stay to yourself as much as possible, wash up stay healthy as no one says you cant go out and take that Walk with your Spouse and or Dogs. Help Plant some Tomatoes which I did yesterday helping the wife. there is so much that can be done and yea I know as One person asked what are you going to do when things run out?
Well Number (1) I'm not there yet, number (2) I'll figure that one out when it gets here, (3) Don't worry about tomorrow as were not done with today yet! Number (4) Probably nothing I can do about it anyway so why worry about it at this point. Mix those around any way you like and they all end up the same.
Fellow Hunters and Fisherman be-leave me we can find things to do even if its not hunting or fishing oriented. I'm sure the Spouse can find many things we could do but I'd much rather take care of my things first. LOL
The Stupid are stupider if they do not comply with the Notice put at hand. So All! Take care, Be safe, and Keep Busy. hunter72

I can't say I've seen anyone in person who's actions would give me the impression that they dont take this seriously. New daily infections and deaths are already dropping off, fingers crossed that this is the beginning of the end.

Where I'm at in SW ID they're still allowing fishing, access and a bunch of ramps have just been tightened up.

Doubtful that the lake by the house will open up. Have heard of plenty still fishing out at CJ though.

Big Jay
Yes sir, we 're all hoping this drops sooner then later. And the good news that it is at a drop. Get us all and this country back to Normality is the key.
stay safe Sir

Back