Nosler Partition or Barnes TTSX

I doubt with well placed shots either will kill any animal any deader or quicker than the other! Neither bullet will overcome poor shot placement! The best bullet for you is the one you shoot best!

Why would that be the question?
Mono-metal bullets really shine in the accuracy department when they're pushed as fast as possible. For myself, I've found that with same weight bullets and powder charges, I typically get around 100fps more out of the Barnes TTSX, compared to a Nosler BT or AB.

I generally shoot monos these days, but wouldn’t hesitate to use a partition or any high quality bonded bullet for that matter. I would let accuracy dictate.

The 2 are completely different designs but I wouldn't hesitate to use either in the right application...I don't know what you're shooting but make sure the TTSX is lighter than you would use for the partition. I shoot 140 Partitions in my 270 but would shoot 130 TTSX.

Again a vote for Hammers...I can push hammers more accurately and faster than other bullets. And now that those 2 bullets are $1 a piece the few pennies extra for hammers makes them that much better in my books.

The Hammers are usually available. The Barnes are pretty much MIA. Hornady is pushing the CX line to replace the GMX but finding them is spotty. The ELD-X is wicked accurate. Improve your stalking skills and whack em over the head.

I've been switching most of my hunting rifles over to all copper. I feel better not eating microscopic lead fragments or feeding it to my family. Plus, I don't think I've ever shot a more accurate bullet than the Hammer. Also, the velocity you are allowed to push them to will usually match or even succeed the energy levels of lead bullets far enough down range that I don't have to worry about it.

I used to use the Nosler Partition for Elk, then switched to Swift A-Frames which are like the Partition, but is bonded. Neither were really accurate, but worked well on quick humane kills. Then I tried the Barnes TTSX, and it shot 1/2 inch groups, and I got higher velocity than I got with the Partitions. I have shot several bulls with the TTSX, and none have taken more than 2 steps after shooting them. I don't have a problem with the Partitions, but get much better accuracy and higher velocity with the TTSX. I would say to try both, and see which works best in your rifle.

Do I have to reload to use hammers? Or does anyone sell loaded cartridges?
Unknownmunitions and Pendleton Ammunition will load hammers from what I’ve seen. Custom ammo sites so a little spendy. I’ve only ever bought reloading stuff from Unknown so can’t really comment if the ammo is any good for either. Have seen good reviews of Unknown.

Hammers are always available. mtmuley

hammer.png

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back