Nosler Partition or Barnes TTSX

freu1chr

Which bullet would you guys rather use on western game? TTSX has less wind drift and more energy than a partition but i feel like the partition would expand better on elk and deer. trying to decide which one would be better...... I have never used a full copper bullet anyone with some experience let me know what you think of them.

I used Partitions for years, and they worked fine. Then went Barnes when my hunting buddy/game butcher touted their performance. They worked better.

Now everything is Hammer. Remember Barnes isn't owned by Barnes any more.

I have used both with 0 issues both are reliable and kill with authority. It just comes down to do you want to go unleaded. I chose to after meeting with Leland Brown and Chris Parish at hunter Ed instructor training. Their presentation made a believer out if me!

Barnes TTSX all the way, once you go all copper, you'll never go back. Velocity for expansion shouldn't be an issue unless you are planning on shots beyond 700 yds or so. Not many shooters out there can do that.

I use ttsx but have used partitions. Both are good and will get the job done. I think eventually we will all be required to go unleaded.

The elk and deer don’t care either way, put either one in the lungs and they will die just the same. Neither is a “long range” bullet but both will kill at normal hunting range just the same. Pick the most accurate one in your rifle and go hunting.

Back