Nosler E-Tip Performance (aquatic)

Dougfirtree

Hey all,

I'm a sucker for a bullet test and so this afternoon, I decided to capture a Nosler E-tip in some water jugs. Hopefully someone else finds this entertaining, or helpful.

This is a .284 140 grain e-tip with an impact velocity of about 2700fps. Pretty impressive! It was in the 6th jug and as you can see, retained weight was almost 99% Most impressive to me is how beautifully the skiving seems to work. The petals are almost perfectly even. There are a lot of great bullets out there, but every experience I've had with Nosler bullets, on game, water and paper has left me impressed.

IMG_3760.jpgIMG_3759.jpgIMG_3758.jpgIMG_3755.jpg

Nice! Thanks for the photos.

I've been using Nosler bullets for most of my hunting since the mid 1970's. Partitions, Ballistic Tips and Accubonds. They've always performed well for me. I have some 25 and 30 caliber E-Tips on hand, but haven't tried them yet.

Guy

I shot one deer with a 270,130g etip at 600 yards. I recovered the bullet and it showed very minimal expansion. I expected as much given the range.
I have tried them in four other rifles and none of them shot the etip will. Even after considerable handloading.
The Barnes TTSX on the other hand gave shot well in every gun I've tried them in.
I would prefer to run the Etip, but just havent had great luck with them.

Back