MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

nosler accubond question

Robertsj22

i recently purchased a christensen mesa 308. i was out shopping this weekend and saw a deal for federal premium ammo 165 with nosler accubond. it was 20 a box which i thought was a good price so i bought a couple boxes. now im wondering if thats the right bullet for deer and bear. thought i have bought something else?

I'd suggest checking that ammo in your rifle very soon. If accurate, rush to that store and buy all of that $20 ammo that they have.

i recently purchased a christensen mesa 308. i was out shopping this weekend and saw a deal for federal premium ammo 165 with nosler accubond. it was 20 a box which i thought was a good price so i bought a couple boxes. now im wondering if thats the right bullet for deer and bear. thought i have bought something else?

I shoot federal premium 165gr accubonds our of my Howa 1500 30-06 and get 3/4 MOA at 100yards.

Buy a box and see if your rifles likes it and then buy it all.

I've killed a bunch of stuff with accubonds out of lots of rifles, including a 308 and the 165gr boolits. IMO, the 165 in a 308 is about a perfect combination for the case capacity.

Can you go buy me the rest of it.

If you like it get it all, cause I guarantee they will discontinue it.

I've never shot factory loaded Accubonds, but the 165s shoot great out of my .308. I've found several good accurate loads with them. Varget and H4895. I've killed a deer with them too and performed very well.

Perfect ammo for deer and bear...and elk...and caribou...and moose...and antelope...and pigs...and mountain goats...see the trend because the 165 accubond will do great work provided it shoots in your rifle
Exactly what he said! The 165 gr. Accubond or Partition is all I EVER shoot in my 30-06 and it will work just as well in your 308!

Shot a cow elk with a 165 Accubond (Federal Premium) out of my .30-06. It performed great. I'd say it would be a great bullet for antelope, deer, elk.

I use the factory loaded 165gr accubonds exclusively in my 30-06. It’s the Nosler Trophy Grade 165’s. I fully intended to handload a 165 or 150 accubond for this rifle but these are more than adequate as far as accuracy goes. Most grouping under .75 and they have been superb on game. The farthest I have taken an animal was an antelope at 335yds and the closest was a mature whitetail doe at about 25yds with various animals and distances in between. No complaints from me whatsoever.

Back