Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Northfork Blackfoot burnt

SteveE

Raced in to see the damage. This will be a new view for many.

Talked with two guys packing the last of there gear out that told me I was nuts for hiking in so I’m guessing the hunting was affected.

The standing snags are damn near terrifying. Not sure if the griz or snags scare me more.

35924965-B8F1-45BE-B626-014EB24E0E45.jpg

885BCC98-8A7A-4E34-B668-342C8E01D85F.jpg

Last edited:
I shake my head in amazement every time I hear some environmentalist claim that they prefer the "natural" process of a wildfire to selective harvesting and habitat management. Too bad that the courts seem to always agree with those environmental experts that don't live with the reality of a wildfire.

Looks like a good burn pattern & should make some mule deer happy in the coming seasons w/ better forb growth.

Bet the elk will be all over that green grass next season too.

Hopefully we can keep noxious weeds out and let native plants regen in the burn.

I know that country well, thanks for the recon. I'd be more worried about snags, too!

Agree that it looks like it should come back good for deer and elk. Much of that country has burned in the past decades and made for some good wildlife habitat.

Yes JR eastern edge. It burnt into the old burn also in places. Very interesting what burnt and what didnt. It seems like enough was sparred but the country was empty it seemed.

9A7E759D-9C7E-4577-9771-1F3662493333.jpg

We spend millions fighting these things. Is there any way to spread native plant seeds now that it is out? That country covered in native grasses would be incredible.

Interesting side note. I watched a helicopter land on the peak of lake mountain. Always thought it was a big no-no to land off airstrip in the wilderness. I was thinking firefighters getting dropped off but it was a shiny, new, expensive looking thing.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rds
Back