Northeast Wyoming ?

Jburr

I don’t want to come off as one of those guys that just join and start asking questions but...

I’ve searched and read pretty much the entire Antelope sub forum and can’t find the answers I am looking for. So here I am.
I am planning an antelope hunt for 2020 or 2021 looking at unit 1. Not looking for any ones honey hole just looking for opinions and experience of the public land north east of little Missouri rd. Any help would be appreciated

I don’t want to come off as one of those guys that just join and start asking questions

Then don’t . . . .

Not looking for any ones honey hole just looking for opinions and experience of the public land north east of little Missouri rd. Any help would be appreciated
How much more specific does one have to get to be asking for a honey hole? Exact GPS coordinate?

This post is so cliche I feel like Cushman is just trolling us.

If it has public access it will be hunted , make sure to check with the Road and Bridge Dept about which roads are in fact open to the public, contact info can be found online at the county's web page.
OnX can, and will, be wrong in some instances. Don't take it for gospel on roads or land ownership.

You'll find the locals up that way are pretty friendly folks.

Here's a mercy reply. Ask game and fish. Like a warden or biologist in that area. People don't like posting stuff on the internet because everyone else in the world sees it.
I totally get that I have already made some calls to WYOGF. Waiting for a callback.

Then don’t . . . .

How much more specific does one have to get to be asking for a honey hole? Exact GPS coordinate?

This post is so cliche I feel like Cushman is just trolling us.
No idea who Cushman is just asking for a general answer of what to expect/look for in that area. Not even close to asking for gps location as the area I asked about is fairly large. Thanks anyway though

I was in same boat as you . I picked up onx app
It helped out alot . The problem I found being in canada .little tuff to scout area lol .

I was in same boat as you . I picked up onx app
It helped out alot . The problem I found being in canada .little tuff to scout area lol .
You needed onX to hunt a private ranch for 30 minutes? Not trying to sound like an a$$ but this guy is asking about public land. Maybe you used it to find landowners name / contact info.

Unit 1 could be tough but doable. Like everyone else I said get onx maps,download the county road map, and put on your walking shoes.

And to quote JC” welcome to hunttalk”.

I will be getting OnX just haven’t pulled the trigger on it yet. Looks like a unit that could require a lot of hiking and that is part of the reason I’m looking at it

No idea who Cushman is just asking for a general answer of what to expect/look for in that area. Not even close to asking for gps location as the area I asked about is fairly large. Thanks anyway though
Expect little access, few antelope and a decent amount of other hunters. Look for antelope and access to those antelope. I hunted area 3 and 4 for a couple days and it was tough. But it was later in the season. Good luck. Check out devils tower when you are there, pretty cool.

I have never hunted area 1 though. Get onx. Find public land that looks like it will have antelope, and start glassing and hiking.

Wow
You needed onX to hunt a private ranch for 30 minutes? Not trying to sound like an a$$ but this guy is asking about public land. Maybe you used it to find landowners name / contact info.
Wow Didnt mean to butt hurt you. Lol I was just putting my 2 cents in

If you plan to hunt unit 1 on public, then you'd better go with no expectations. You will put 2500 miles on your truck checking the same 5 squares of public over and over. Also, the walk in areas never have antelope on them. Ever.

...but you can still kill some, sometimes.

I hunted unit 1 this year and Thusby's advice is spot on. There are antelope there but they are mostly on private. There will be a lot of hunters especially at the beginning of the season. It is a long drive from the areas that held antelope and a hotel so you will need to camp or drive a hour one way. We killed antelope but not sure I will hunt it again.

I’ve never hunted NE WY for antelope, but like any other area of the state there should be plenty of antelope around to choose from. One of the highlights of antelope hunting is that you’ll always see game, each day, all day long. Take your time and find a buck that makes you happy. I’d highly recommend onX for your phone with maps downloaded. Using onX on my phone vs a garmin GPS was a game changer for me. Maps are quickly accessible and more detailed.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back