Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

North Carolina Bear

AssawomanGunsmith

Ill be headed there later today for the openner tomorrow. I know some parts of the state have already openned. Ive got a couple decent bear on camera and one giant. Figured id make this post for others to share their success from this year or years past, and Ill update on my hunt. Good luck to all!

PS- Being a gun guy Id like to know what you used (rifle,cal., and load) and shot details.

Good luck. Never hunted North Carolina, but it’s on the list.
Son is putting together a .458 SOCOM upper for me and I’m picking up some Barnes 300 TTSX for loading. This might be my new bear gun. Right now it’s a Rem 673 in 300 SAUM with 180 Grand Slams.

I use my ruger 77 in 338 win mag with Barnes 225 ttsx. Haven’t had one go more then 10 yards. Also works very good on moose and elk

Good luck! I assume you're hunting the eastern part of the state. Me and a buddy may do a weekend bear hunt in Pender county soon.

Leaving in the morning for Arkansas rifle season with hopes of finding a bear...aka 6 days in the mountains hiking with a gun. Learned a lot of lessons last year. Hope to put them to good use this year. With 2 deer and a bunch of pigs in the freezer it should be a little easier to ignore good deer sign and keep looking for bear.

Savage Model 16 .308 shooting federal copper 150grains

Good luck. Never hunted North Carolina, but it’s on the list.
Son is putting together a .458 SOCOM upper for me and I’m picking up some Barnes 300 TTSX for loading. This might be my new bear gun. Right now it’s a Rem 673 in 300 SAUM with 180 Grand Slams.
I LOVE MY .458 SOCOM...PLENTY OF POWER!

Well the update is no bear. Didnt see one alive the whole trip except crossing a road while driving home, but thats just how it is sometimes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back