North Alabama Public Hunting

markt99

Anybody ever hunt public land in North Alabama for turkeys. I hear that Skyline WMA (28k acres) and Black Warrier WMA (98k acres) are loaded with turkeys, but they are so large I have no idea where to start. Any help would be great.

Thanks.

------------------
Safe and Happy Hunting !

WildgameWeb.com

Amen to that CTH. Where you gonna be hunting on private land? I have several places in south Alabama, but it is a long way to travel every weekend. I am going to spend most of the first 2 weeks down there, then concentrate on the North part of the state, which is why I am trying to find out about the WMAs. One thing is for sure about AL is that it is HARD to find land to lease if you do not know the right people!

------------------
Safe and Happy Hunting !

WildgameWeb.com

Markt99, I deer hunted the Taladaga (sp?) National Forest a couple years ago and I saw several flocks of Turkeys. It is real thick and you cant see very far but, If you would like to know where I was just let me know.

Boomer

CTH,
I'll be hunting just across the river in Grove Hill, bout 20 miles from Monroeville. Who are you hunting with? I know lots of people in that area and deer hunt with some folks right on the river in Monroeville right below the paper mill. I am still working on a Turkey hunt over there. They have a beuatiful place right on Highway 84.

------------------
Safe and Happy Hunting !

WildgameWeb.com

[This message has been edited by markt99 (edited 02-22-2001).]

Mountain,

I would love to know where you are to add to my arsenal. You never know when I might pick up and head that way. I have definitely heard lots of good things about the Talladega NF. Thanks,

------------------
Safe and Happy Hunting !

WildgameWeb.com

Back