Nontypical Antelope

DeerKing

Here are a few pictures of an unusual antelope I took with the muzz a few years ago. His right horn is 19 inches long, curls around and pokes him in the eye. His left horn is like a barnyard bull.

Curleyhead.jpg

Curley.jpg

Sure is an odd looking critter.
If you didn't kill it it would
have gone blind. Non typicals
are really cool, thanks for
the picture.

I got some video tape of an antelope that looks almost exactly like it here in az.. Thats cool thanks for the posting..

Delw

What really makes him unusual is that he has 2 previous years sheds all fused together into that years growth. If you look closely you can see the ridges from the previous 2 years. He couldn't see out of his right eye at all but it was still a chore getting close enough for a shot. I stalked him around for 2 days before finally getting close enough. I guess having only one useable eye made him very wary.

Greenhorn
From the base of the horn around the outside edge of the horn to the tip is 19 inches. Technically its 18 15/16 but 19 sounded better. Over the last 8-9 years I've hunted here I probably see 1-2 antelope every year that have some sort of freak deformation, but he has been the most extreme. Thanks for the interest in him.

Grrenhorn, Post some of the nontypical pictures your frinds took here. HOe big ect. I am going to go for one next year
Later
Pants-crapper

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back