Non resident hunt anywhere

nickdooley987

Guys im looking for advice on where to start applying for a non resident hunt, i'd like to hunt either pronghorn or mule deer, im not looking for a trophy this would be my first ever non resident hunt. i live in west central illinois and would be driving so the closer the better... any advice on the process or ideas of states that are "good"( amount of public land, ease of application, high draw rate, high potential for a succesful harvest)
thanks in advance

Wyoming is a pretty good start for antelope in a couple areas that are pretty easy to draw. Colorado has over the counter tags for archery elk and antelope and a good amount of over the counter rifle elk tags for several units. Also, alot of states are easier to draw for archery or muzzleloader, so decide what you're willing to do and hunt with and go from there.

Wyoming and Colorado.
Start building points.

Wyoming has good Mule deer and great Pronghorn, and you could draw your first year.
Colorado has great Mule deer, but it might take a few years to draw a good tag.

Advise on the process ?
Spend a hundred bucks on a subscription to "Huntin Fool". Sounds like a lot, $100 for a magazine, but you will learn a lot about drawing tags in western states.

As long as your going to be applying for tags, don't forget about elk. They are lots of fun to hunt, and they are real good eating.

thanks guys, like i said im just starting in the process elk is prolly my top dream but i really want to taste pronghorn, im a definate meat hunter but would like something to hang on wall to

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back