No Masks....Would you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brohem,
We all know you flew multiple times last fall.
how do you justify this?
where do you draw the caring line?
Totally, flew a bunch.

I wore a mask and got test on both ends, every time, still certainly some risks about passing the virus on though.

Your right. Cause this is what happens to society when politics, media, and social media destroy science to fit agendas for decades.

There have been science deniers for as long as there has been science. It is not new. Many people choose to be willfully ignorant.

Yes, IF local case loads are low. If case loads are high, I would stay home regardless of mask mandate being in place or not. Has been my mode of operation all along because I think social distancing is more effective than mask wearing. It’s worked for us.

But ultimately, it’s up to you how much risk you are willing to accept.
This sums up how I feel. I've been very diligent about mask wearing, mostly to do my part in keeping cases down so my kids could go back to school. Our cases have plummeted and people can make their own choices at this point. I suspect we're months away from no masks in here in CA.

There have been science deniers for as long as there has been science. It is not new. Many people choose to be willfully ignorant.
Yea but until the 1980s a science denier or supporter couldnt cram it down millions of throats at one time 24/7/365. Fringe to mainstream overnight.

I agree, but also acknowledge science isn’t black and white or set in stone. Science and doctors/experts have been wrong plenty of times. I believe there will be a lot coming out in the future on what we did (or were forced to do) wrong with covid restrictions and all the unforeseen side effects long term.

Yea but until the 1980s a science denier or supporter couldnt cram it down millions of throats at one time 24/7/365. Fringe to mainstream overnight.
This goes back to my post about the media in all of this. The media pushes the science narrative they prefer and call all any opposing scientists fringe elements or quacks. Or they just won't acknowledge that there are any dissenting views. It isn't nearly as easy tell truth vs fiction these days. It costs lots of $$$$ to get your "truth" out to the masses.

Imagine how you use a mask, and how you can get the virus. Pretend that your mask blocks 100% of virus particles from exiting, and you have the virus. The inside of your mask is swimming in virus particles. You get in your car, or home, and take your mask off. Now you have virus particles all over your hands. You breath in your home. Now there there are virus particles all over your clothes, all over everything in your home. You put your mask back on, now there are virus particles all over the outside of your mask. You get in your car, virus particles from your hands and clothes get all over your car. You go to the store, you get virus particles all over the cart, anything you brush up against, any item that you pick up and look at and put back down. What did wearing your mask really do? The same thing happens if you’re not sick, but someone in the store is. Viral particles are floating around in the air. They get all over your clothes, in your hair, on your gloves, on the outside of your mask. You go to your car, you get them all over your car, you get home, you get them all over your home, and then off comes the mask...which you will probably put back on...after the inside has been exposed to viral particles. There is a reason that Asian countries have not drastically reduced viral respiratory illness by wearing masks for decades. It’s because it is nearly impossible to do perfectly for extended periods.

Given how easy it can be for us to get the virus onto surfaces, as you pointed out, I'm glad (though I don't fully understand how) that there appears to be less transmission from contact surfaces relative to airborne transmission.

I agree, but also acknowledge science isn’t black and white or set in stone. Science and doctors/experts have been wrong plenty of times. I believe there will be a lot coming out in the future on what we did (or were forced to do) wrong with covid restrictions and all the unforeseen side effects long term.

I think we could agree, especially at the start of the pandemic, that there was a lot of things we did not know. There was, and it still remains, that there is no perfect roadmap for how to handle it.

There are many tradeoffs, we will undoubtedly realize later, that a price in a particular area was very steep. I worry about the impact of the educational interruption for so many of our young. I truly hope we can get their education back on track very soon.

Speaking of that, last fall our daughter and her husband had to decide whether our grandchildren would attend classes or learn virtually. Our daughter felt strongly that they should be in school, her husband was in the other camp. I was in his camp,, but it's not my decision. Well, they have been in school all year. I now think our daughter got it right.

And of course science will get it wrong on occasion. It is after all always on the edge of our present understanding.

This goes back to my post about the media in all of this. The media pushes the science narrative they prefer and call all any opposing scientists fringe elements or quacks. Or they just won't acknowledge that there are any dissenting views. It isn't nearly as easy tell truth vs fiction these days. It costs lots of $$$$ to get your "truth" out to the masses.

Are you trying to tell me that it is possible that physicians that I know first and second hand, that work 50 to 80 hours per week with Covid patients, and have themselves and their own high risk family members on things such as vitamin D, zinc, ivermectin, not to mention the big, politicized and censored HQ, along with some other things, could be right and some talking head on CNN could be wrong? Hmmmm. I’ll have to think on that.

I think we could agree, especially at the start of the pandemic, that there was a lot of things we did not know. There was, and it still remains, that there is no perfect roadmap for how to handle it.

There are many tradeoffs, we will undoubtedly realize later, that a price in a particular area was very steep. I worry about the impact of the educational interruption for so many of our young. I truly hope we can get their education back on track very soon.

Speaking of that, last fall our daughter and her husband had to decide whether our grandchildren would attend classes or learn virtually. Our daughter felt strongly that they should be in school, her husband was in the other camp. I was in his camp,, but it's not my decision. Well, they have been in school all year. I now think our daughter got it right.

And of course science will get it wrong on occasion. It is after all always on the edge of our present understanding.

Your posts are interesting.

Above you posted about science deniers and then in this post you admit that you and your son in law are science deniers. Data on school safety has been crystal clear long before last fall.

I agree. This virus doesn't have that. When one comes around that does, whether you wrap an old cloth around your face or not will be the least of your concerns.
It’s pretty scary. We will continue to subsidize unhealthy food and prescription drug dependence, tell people they’re healthy at any size, while encouraging sedentary lifestyles. Covid should be a wake up for people to eat better, sleep better, exercise more and to demand systemic changes that will reverse the real pandemic, which is heart disease and obesity.
Virologists say that there is potential for bird flus to mutate to humans and have double digit death rates. Crazy to think that nothing substantial is being done about that. We’ll just go back to how things always were and be surprised when the next one happens. It might not be next year, or even in this lifetime, but it will happen. My great great grandparents died in their early 30s from the Spanish flu. Something like that could come again. Something much worse could too.

It’s pretty scary. We will continue to subsidize unhealthy food and prescription drug dependence, tell people they’re healthy at any size, while encouraging sedentary lifestyles. Covid should be a wake up for people to eat better, sleep better, exercise more and to demand systemic changes that will reverse the real pandemic, which is heart disease and obesity.
Virologists say that there is potential for bird flus to mutate to humans and have double digit death rates. Crazy to think that nothing substantial is being done about that. We’ll just go back to how things always were and be surprised when the next one happens. It might not be next year, or even in this lifetime, but it will happen. My great great grandparents died in their early 30s from the Spanish flu. Something like that could come again. Something much worse could too.
The lack of emphasis placed on getting our eating habits, activity levels and overall weight under control during the last year has been one of the more disappointing responses from our leaders during this past year. So few spoke about exercise and healthy eating. So many talked about sitting in your house, getting food delivered to your door or at best sitting outside while you eat more shit from a restaurant. Even after the CDC reports that 78% of patients hospitalized due to Covid where either overweight or obese, very little is said to encourage a healthier lifestyle by our leadership.

Status
Not open for further replies.
GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back