Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

No love for the cheepee teepees?

Elkmagnet

Well welcome to the off season!
I'm contemplating a luxe teepee but never hear anything about them. What gives? I'm thinking about this one.

https://luxe-hiking-gear.com/collec...pi-tent-wood-stove-jack?variant=4317957226507

What I need is a relatively fast setting hot shelter (stove) that will be carried by horses and also used for quick hunts next to the truck when I need to keep wife/ 3yr old happy during the Nov, Dec, Feb, Mar camping trip we always go on.
I currently have a good canvas wall tent 12 x16 and a couple of light nylon tents 6p and 2p. I'm looking for some middle ground and the prices seem good at $335 for the white uv resistant 4p with a stove jack. Coming in under 9#.
Does anyone have hands on experience with luxe?

I just bought the luxe hex xl. With the 1.5 inner tent with snow skirt and stove Jack. I hope i don't regret it. They seem legit. I'm going to make my own titanium stove

I think I am going to buy a Luxe as well. That Megahorn looks nice, just a bit heavy. I’ll go with the hex, I think

I've looked at them and do look nice, but like you said there hasn't been much as far as reviews for them out there. Curious to hear what you guys think after you've purchased and put them to the test.

I still haven't brought myself to buy one. Im back from a pretty chilly trip where I spent some time contemplating hot shelters...
Im cheep but I want to have a quick tent thats warm.
Cheep
Quick
Warm
Pick any 2 options? Or can i have all 3?

I just bought the luxe hex xl. With the 1.5 inner tent with snow skirt and stove Jack. I hope i don't regret it. They seem legit. I'm going to make my own titanium stove

This would be cool to view your specs. If you happen to craft and feel like posting up, I would be really interested as well.

I've crafted steel collapsible wall tent stoves and it holds a good qty for extended warmth. I take it, you're looking at a small sized unit vs the average steel sized?
I've thought about crafting a titanium version of the steel with a few modifications as the titanium, bearing weight with the heat, does tend to warp the sheet metal a bit.

I love my Nemo dark timber 4 person. Haven’t got a stove jack in it yet but I plan on it! Right now I use it with a big buddy heater and a propane tank with12ft adapter hose. In the summer I put a AC unit on 1 side door and it rocks! Good luck on what you decide. Come over if you wanna check it out.
Matt

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back