Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Luxe Tipi

EYJONAS!

Randy11 put up a thread a couple weeks ago about the latest and greatest backpacking tents. There was a lot of great feedback and what works from some folks on here. I have always had a interest in finding a tent that's lightweight, (not Ultra Light), spacious and something that I don't have to climb over all my shit to take a leak in the middle of the night. I decided to try a company called Luxe Outdoor gear and chose their 2p tipi. If anyone has some feedback or tips, do's and dont's of tipi camping that would be great. As soon as i get out a couple times this spring and summer ill be sure to have a write up on the positives and negatives.

Here's a list of what I purchased

The 2p Tipi
1.5p Inner Tent
Extra Guy Line
Stakes
Camp Bag
Ground Sheet

All together it weighs about 3 lbs give or take a couple of the extras.

Here is a link below of them:

https://luxe-hiking-gear.com/collections/lightweight-camping-tents/products/hexpeak-1p-tent-system

I think you'll really like the floorless approach - I haven't used anything else for the past five years.

I like to sew an 18" panel of silnylon along the back half perimeter of the shelter and then mesh along the front half perimeter (instead of using an inner nest). Pitch it so that the door is most likely on the leeward side and use rocks to pin down the nylon and mesh. Keeps the wind and snow off you but still allows enough air movement to minimize condensation. Keeps the skeeters out too...

Best of luck this season.

Randy11 put up a thread a couple weeks ago about the latest and greatest backpacking tents. There was a lot of great feedback and what works from some folks on here. I have always had a interest in finding a tent that's lightweight, (not Ultra Light), spacious and something that I don't have to climb over all my shit to take a leak in the middle of the night. I decided to try a company called Luxe Outdoor gear and chose their 2p tipi. If anyone has some feedback or tips, do's and dont's of tipi camping that would be great. As soon as i get out a couple times this spring and summer ill be sure to have a write up on the positives and negatives.

Here's a list of what I purchased

The 2p Tipi
1.5p Inner Tent
Extra Guy Line
Stakes
Camp Bag
Ground Sheet

All together it weighs about 3 lbs give or take a couple of the extras.

Here is a link below of them:

https://luxe-hiking-gear.com/collections/lightweight-camping-tents/products/hexpeak-1p-tent-system
Wish i knew you were looking, i have the same tipi id like to get rid of! Just not gor me.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jerrod12
Back