PEAX Equipment

No lope for Schmalts

schmalts

So what, had a great time and hunted hard. I was dragging by the fourth and last day with only 5 hours of sleep each night. It seemed that the area had a lot more water holes than normal and the water holes were actually very large ponds this year in this area. The blind seemed out of place out there without any time for the lopes to get used to it and they were nervous of it by the water.
I ended up spending the last few hunts in my pop up blind out in a cut alfalfa field. Me and Miller rolled a couple big round bales close together and put the blind in between, and that did the trick. The field unfortunatly was about 200 acres and i was always where the lopes were yesterday. They were there every day but I never had a buck under 103 yards. I had a few doe close enough but it was buck or nothing. If i had a couple more days i think i narrowed them down where they were crossing the fence and spending most of the time and would have killed. One night we had a group of 11 bucks come in but ignored the buck decoy and never got in range. A doe decoy would have worked as they were starting to chase a little, but with only a couple days to hunt i was to cheap to get one and didnt know where to get one so i tried the toilet paper trick. that was entertainment for a doe one day for about an hour.
Miller gave me the tour of the breaks and saw some chick sheep. That was pretty cool.
The annual rental abuse was a banner year! The second day i called miller at work from the cell in my rental and he asked "hows the car running" me,"good why?"
"cause there is an oil slick 2x4 feet in my drveway" ... Well i pulled over to the next gas station and sure enough i popped the oil pan open. I went and bought some sand paper, brake clean, epoxy, 4qts oil, drainpan, and in 20 minutes i was back in the saddle... until the next day when i popped a tire. Those Chevy cavaliers just dont do well off road like they used to.
Axle made me want a dog again, he was a great dog and reminded me of my late buster.
All in all a great trip even though i didnt get a close shot (close meaning under 103yrds LOL ;) ) We both learned a lot and agreed that it will be easier next time with what we learned in 4 days. I left my blind for Miller and bet he gets a poke at one when the rut fires up a little more. No pictures as they were all in millers camera this time, maybe he will post a few when he gets time. Thanks again Craig, had a good time.
Schmalts

It still sounds like you had a good hunt and that always is sucess in my book. You got to see awesome country and wildlife. Was able to spend some time with a great guy and dog. I cant wait to see the pics. :cool: :cool:

You sandbagging me in points this year ? ;)

Sorry to hear I'm guessing spending 4 days With Mtmiller was worth the Trip. He's "GOOD PEOPLE" !!!

Originally posted by Moosie:
You sandbagging me in points this year ? ;)

Yea, we will see what points you get for your ram. I will make up for the lack of lope by killing an extra doe deer.
Did you go scouting yet?
BTW, Miller said i was a lot thinner than he thought i would be!! how you doing fatty?

Too bad Schmalts............"so it goes with strings and bows". Maybe your primo New Mexico tag will make up for it when you arrow a big ol' honking bull.

............anyway, good luck in New Mexico........

[ 08-23-2004, 12:15: Message edited by: Deerslayer ]

Sorry to hear I'm guessing spending 4 days With Mtmiller was worth the Trip. He's "GOOD PEOPLE" !!! [/qb]
Yea he is good people, just feel bad he is so damn ugly that his dog had to be neutered to keep from running away from him :D I wondered why he didnt have a woman but when I saw the caliber of hotties in the town of Chinook i knew they were all out of his league

I am wondering why mtmiller has to look for hotties in Chinook? :confused: That is 20 miles form Havre and there are plenty of college girls in Havre. :D That just seems curious

Population of Havre 9,600
Chinook 1,400

Nemont

Anyone else want to jump on the Bash-Miller band wagon? :D Nothig like kicking a guy when he is down. :eek:

mtmiller,
Don't get down on yourself. That is what all of us are for.

Big Sky,
I don't think they have many sheep. I also don't remember many hotties but that was 20 years ago!!!

Nemont

HEY... You're gunna Shoot something big, Quit yer Bitchin'.

Shall I send over a Date for ya ?

2_G.sized.jpg

Back