Yeti GOBOX Collection

NM Results

Can't believe it - showing green for unit 13 archery elk and for unit 21 archery antelope - never thought I'd see the day. And, my wife had a similar response as Frazier and ImBillT. Oh well, can't wait to hunt NM for the first time.
Let me know if you see any big mulies roaming about in 13. I'll be there a little later :)

Good to see some of you guys having success in the draw!
I've been a longtime lurker here....really enjoy this forum and the hunting philosophy shared here.

After many years of lots of "unsuccessful" I managed to draw two tags this year. A muzzleloader mule deer tag and a Rocky Mountain bighorn ram tag. I'm still in a bit of shock over that last one.
I also put my oldest son (11yrs) in for the first time this year. He drew his third choice youth deer tag so I'm really excited about that one as well.

Good luck to everyone as you turn your attention to maps and planning! I've hunted deer here in units 22, 23, 24, and 2B. Happy to give a guy some pointers if you're looking for a place to start.

Holy crap thats and asspensive ewe tag.
The draw odds were 6% so he wasn't the only non-res to apply for it. Someone's got to draw them I guess? Might be the only sheep he ever gets to hunt based on where North American sheep draw odds and guided hunts are headed..

Definitely elk in there but that unit is nothing but straight up. Fitness is a must!

I figure ive got 5 months to prep, prolly go run a mile or so today, next is pick out a fancy set of boots since i blew mine out like a old set of goodyears.
Tossing the idea back and fourth of contacting a guide in the area. But the satisfaction of Diy should hold me back

Early Archery 16C Elk Tag! Always dreamt of hunting the Gila for elk and this year I got my first opportunity to do it. I am uber pumped and can already see the rise of miles on my truck as I plan on making several scouting trips down from Colorado.

Can't believe it - showing green for unit 13 archery elk and for unit 21 archery antelope - never thought I'd see the day. And, my wife had a similar response as Frazier and ImBillT. Oh well, can't wait to hunt NM for the first time.

I also drew Unit 13 archery- Are you second or first hunt?

hi there my name is Bronson Macias I have a cow elk hunt in that unit this year I was wondering if you knew any hot spots on the unit or just any inside thanks.

Good to see some of you guys having success in the draw!
I've been a longtime lurker here....really enjoy this forum and the hunting philosophy shared here.

After many years of lots of "unsuccessful" I managed to draw two tags this year. A muzzleloader mule deer tag and a Rocky Mountain bighorn ram tag. I'm still in a bit of shock over that last one.
I also put my oldest son (11yrs) in for the first time this year. He drew his third choice youth deer tag so I'm really excited about that one as well.

Good luck to everyone as you turn your attention to maps and planning! I've hunted deer here in units 22, 23, 24, and 2B. Happy to give a guy some pointers if you're looking for a place to start.
@wyflyguy How’d the NM sheep hunt go?

Back