NM Results

How did he do?

My buddy and his girlfriend took the whole week off and drove down from Montana. He killed his ewe with his bow two hours into the first morning of hunting at 10 or 15 yards. Then they had some cool encounters with a couple rams. They used the rest of their time off to hike and road tripped around before heading back to MT.

Attachments

• Overlook.jpg
    Overlook.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 36
  • Ram 1.JPG
    Ram 1.JPG
    160.9 KB · Views: 34
  • Ram 2.JPG
    Ram 2.JPG
    208.4 KB · Views: 32
@wyflyguy How’d the NM sheep hunt go?

I had a fantastic hunt! I saw lots of sheep between a scouting trip and my actual hunt and ended up killing a B&C 182 5/8 ram the second morning (after passing him up on the opening morning). I believe there were only a few larger killed in the state this year. Regardless, I couldn't be more pleased with the hunt, ram or outcome.

Attachments

• NickSheep.jpg
    NickSheep.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 61
Good to see some of you guys having success in the draw!
I've been a longtime lurker here....really enjoy this forum and the hunting philosophy shared here.

After many years of lots of "unsuccessful" I managed to draw two tags this year. A muzzleloader mule deer tag and a Rocky Mountain bighorn ram tag. I'm still in a bit of shock over that last one.
I also put my oldest son (11yrs) in for the first time this year. He drew his third choice youth deer tag so I'm really excited about that one as well.

Good luck to everyone as you turn your attention to maps and planning! I've hunted deer here in units 22, 23, 24, and 2B. Happy to give a guy some pointers if you're looking for a place to start.
Tell us about the sheep hunt man! Would love to here about it. I had such a blast on my dad's desert bighorn hunt this year here in NM that I wish I could do it again. Maybe I'll be lucky and draw a tag one of these years..

I had a fantastic hunt! I saw lots of sheep between a scouting trip and my actual hunt and ended up killing a B&C 182 5/8 ram the second morning (after passing him up on the opening morning). I believe there were only a few larger killed in the state this year. Regardless, I couldn't be more pleased with the hunt, ram or outcome.
Nice!!!! Did you do it DYI? And which hunt was it wheeler, latir or Pecos? I would love to draw Wheeler

I see his tooth. :oops:

Wowsers! That’s an awesome ram. Congratulations!!!! Thanks for sharing

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back