NM results - maybe

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
This morning I was able to log in to my NM account and it allowed me to go through the entire process of purchasing a hunting license. In my previous efforts, it told me I already had a license on file. No such warning this morning.

From that, I would conclude that I did not draw anything in NM, given I asked for a refund of the license if I was not drawn.

Last year when I did the same thing, I was able to buy a license on 4/19, yet when I logged in on that same day to buy a license for a friend, he could not buy a license. And, when the results came out, he had drawn a tag and I had not. At least in 2014, that process was accurate and it occurred on 4/19.

Anyone else finding this to be the case with their apps?

http://www.wildlife.state.nm.us/

Don't want to get too disappointed, but given what I applied for, that is the most likely outcome. Just curious if others have noticed anything different today and if any information can be taken from that.

Good luck to all who applied in NM.

I tried and it appeared that it would let me but a warning popped up at the top indicating I already had a license and that would be refunded if I purchased another one.

Pro-tip, when you enter your credit card information and click next it doesn't go to a "review purchase" page prior to submission, that next button is the submission. Hopefully that $65 goes to good use.

On the bright side, it is pretty clear that you had been refunded so no more guesswork.

Attachments

• oops NM.jpg
    oops NM.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 888
Last edited:
Randy:

FYI, mine shows "Pending" for tag applied for, "Sold" for license purchased as of 11:00 a.m. Calif. time this morning (Wed.) ...

Last edited:
I got my e-mail notification about the draw 3 days before the online posting date the last couple yrs....so by my calculations I could see one by this weekend,my birfday present to myself.LOL

G&F guy I know says they are checking the computers and prepping stuff the week before the posting date,and start the proccess.....so anyday.
I see folks on MM NM site are going nuts trying to figure the "backdoor"....

Pro-tip, when you enter your credit card information and click next it doesn't go to a "review purchase" page prior to submission, that next button is the submission. Hopefully that $65 goes to good use.

On the bright side, it is pretty clear that you had been refunded so no more guesswork.

You seem to be buying a game hunt license, but you already have purchased a combination license as part of the draw. If you buy this license, your entire combination (including any stamps or 2nd rod option selected) will be refunded; immediately, if possible, otherwise, after the draw.

Not sure on the no guesswork JR. It sounds like buying the new license automatically refunds the old one whether you drew or not?

Or maybe that means that I drew one of the 6 tags I applied for in New Mexico this year.

I've heard that as of 10 am this morning, the draw had not taken place yet. I have a feeling we are not going to know anything until the evening of the 28th. NM has been pretty good at keeping their schedule lately.

Last year I got my confirmation email on April 22nd. Hoping they stick to that schedule. The system has let me buy a license for over a week now so not sure if the method works any more.

I got that same message earlier in the year when I purchased another license. My 2014 license had not expired when I applied for 2015, so I had to purchase one before the draw to stay eligible.

Sheff

Last edited:
Last year, the results date in the proclamation was April 23rd. We got the e-mails on the 22nd, and results posted after midnight. This year, the proclamation says April 29th. That's why I think it will be the 28th for emails, and results after midnight again. I hope I'm wrong and we find out sooner.

For the last week when I try to add a Game Hunting License to my cart, a note shows in a green box saying that I already have purchased one as part of the draw. It still allows me to add the license to my cart, though.

I don't think the backdoor is working the same as last year. At least not yet. I hope that's the case or the fact that I can add the license to my cart means I'll be pointing the truck more west than south this September. Last year the backdoor worked perfectly for me.

My guess is emails the 28th as well. I hope they get sent out sooner, though!

Hey Randy, just because I think we're not going to find out until next week does not mean I'm not on the g&f website every 15 minutes trying to find a clue.

Hey Randy, just because I think we're not going to find out until next week does not mean I'm not on the g&f website every 15 minutes trying to find a clue.

Ha ha....same here!! This was a BAD week for me to be stuck in the office!

For the last week when I try to add a Game Hunting License to my cart, a note shows in a green box saying that I already have purchased one as part of the draw. It still allows me to add the license to my cart, though.

I don't think the backdoor is working the same as last year. At least not yet. I hope that's the case or the fact that I can add the license to my cart means I'll be pointing the truck more west than south this September. Last year the backdoor worked perfectly for me.

My guess is emails the 28th as well. I hope they get sent out sooner, though!

So I called just cause I was concerned about invalidating my application. The rep said they were well aware of all the back door checks we have as her husband applies all over the west too. She said IT fixed the issue they had last year with that indicator, and she said nothing was invalidated, and draw results would be out next week.

Fingers still crossed I get lucky.

Holy crap. I didn't draw, but I think my dad and uncle just drew 16A!! I hope it's true because it means I'm headed to the Gila in September!!! I don't even care if I'm not the one with a tag!

Back