NM Landowner tag

David58

Struck out on all of our tags in NM, but for Ibex (I will whine about that later). Took a quick left, tried for WY pronghorn tags. Out two. Prayed for a landowner tag here in NM...

I guess prayer, and friends with family, helps. Managed a landowner cow tag for an amount I could afford, the cost of which is blunted by the fact that camp is just at 1-1/2 hours from my driveway. So thrilled - we're hunting in November! Have not decided who puts their name on the tag, but at least there's a chance for meat in the freezer again this year. Scouting starts this weekend, with fly rod in hand.....

Struck out on all of our tags in NM, but for Ibex (I will whine about that later). Took a quick left, tried for WY pronghorn tags. Out two. Prayed for a landowner tag here in NM...

I guess prayer, and friends with family, helps. Managed a landowner cow tag for an amount I could afford, the cost of which is blunted by the fact that camp is just at 1-1/2 hours from my driveway. So thrilled - we're hunting in November! Have not decided who puts their name on the tag, but at least there's a chance for meat in the freezer again this year. Scouting starts this weekend, with fly rod in hand.....
Good luck on your elk tag, and explain that first sentence a bit more please. Did you draw an Ibex tag? I've got a good many years applying for an Ibex.

Good luck on your elk tag, and explain that first sentence a bit more please. Did you draw an Ibex tag? I've got a good many years applying for an Ibex.
We did draw Ibex, me with a bum knee from the last elk hunt and my wife who is still working her way out of a stress fracture. We have the Nanny/immature hunt, but I think only the hugely lucky get a shot without the pleasure of climbing. I'd trade the Ibex for an elk tag in a hot second if I could.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back