Nikon rangefinder trouble

MHMT

I have a Nikon laser 800 rangefinder, used to work great out to 500 yards but now I am having trouble of getting it to read over 100 yards.

Tried cleaning it but still no luck, Just wondering if anyone knew a simple fix? or anyone knows if rangefinders wear out in that fashion?

My 440 just did the same thing it wont read on certain colors and barely out to 75 yards. I called Nikon and they said you could send it in to be repaired but they said it was probably cheaper to buy a new one. It will be the last time I ever buy a Nikon. Not very happy with there customer service.:mad:

First try holding the power button and the mode button down for 30 seconds at the saem time. THen try a new battery.

My 550 is only reading to 350 yds. Wish I had kept the reciept. It's not even a year old. Have not had a chance to call them yet as I just found out this weekend.

Did you try changing the battery?

That said, go with a Leica next time.

Mine was doing exactly the same lately and bought a new lithium battery just yesterday and it now works great.
I think the laser always goes the same speed to range distance, just can`t go as far with weak batteries.

Good tip Dink, have the same one purchased from MNHunter 3-4 yrs ago...has worked flawlessly but good to know JIC.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
K9TXS
Back