Nikon prostaff spotting scope

csutton7

Well this morning I decided I'd buy the Nikon prostaff spotting scope--20x60x82---$600 from Cabelas--looked hard at the Swarvoski's, but I can't bring myself to layout that much dough right now---I'll let you guys know how it works once I get some driving time behind her---chris

Keep us posted.. I bought the Leupold 15x30x50 last year for a Colorado hunt and it just didn't do it for me. With my 10x42 binos it just didn't do anything they wouldn't do. Good product though and Cabelas let me return it even though I tried it out on the hunt and gave me full credit return. Cannot complain about customer service but I think for what I use a spotter for I need somethingf with a bit more power and that 20x60x82 might do it.

I had a Swaro spotter in joint ownership with my brother. He slaved away and helped me build my house so I gave it to him 100%.

I have to live without a spotter now and just cannot make myself buy a el cheapo after using that Swaro. I will wait until I can afford it again before buying el crapo cheapo and lean heavy on the 10x42 on a tripod.

RR----I will definitely keep all posted--

dinkshooter--I'm hoping that the Nikon isn't a cheapo--I've been looking at all the spotters that go to 60x power and with a 70mm or better objective and I'll tell you the Barska 12x60x78 for $100 almost got my money as $100 is a little easier to swallow if it's a pile of crap(which may be the case, but I don't know enough about them, so I passed them over), so I decided that the Nikon's physical size and somewhat reputation made it the one to buy if I wasn't going Swarovski---I have the 15x56 Swarovski binos(bought years ago) and love them and it was hard not to buy the Swarovski spotter, but for $2k I just couldn't pull the trigger---I figure also if I don't like them back to Cabela's they will go----chris

well it arrived and dam sam this thing is loooonnnnnnggggg, but it's not heavy in the scheme of things---I looked through it midday(clear and warm) and nothing really to make any comments about, but it was clear (as I (hoped) expected) all the way to 60 power and looking at least 5 miles away while holding it in my hands leaning against the truck----besides the initial shock of the length it is well balanced and it fits in my JUST ONE pack with no issues---comes with caps( a big plus) and a protective case, that I haven't decided if it should stay on or not, but I think it will----will try and look thru it in the evening in the next couple of days to see how it functions in low light---chris

ok the scope did well even at 60 power which helped me identify 3 bulls..6x6, 5x5 and a raghorn, of course they eluded us, but it did its job.....it worked well right up to sundown and at 60 power, so I am pretty pleased with it as well....again vs buying a Swarovski or Zeiss I think it was a good purchase and it may be that it can stack up against the big boys, but until I can get my buddies swarovski and mine side by side I can not say for sure......chris

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back