Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Nice fresh mule deer

antlerradar

Last week I noticed that this buck had shed so yesterday I went looking since he had moved to another ridge. I found this antler right away. Spent another 5 hours looking for the other side. Found some older antlers but no luck on the match.
This antler has good mass and scores a bit over 79 total inches.

Attachments

• 100_0476.JPG
    100_0476.JPG
    407.1 KB · Views: 1,701
Nice. I hope you find the other side.

Nice, the deer around here are still sporting their head gear. Thinking any day now they'll start dropping.

Finding him will not be a problem. Convincing my self to shoot him is not likely to happen even if he grows much bigger. I need more of a challenge than this private land buck is likely to provide.

A lot of family politics with a deer like this.

Sometimes it just isn't worth it is it. Seen a few of these scenarios over the years. Makes a public land hunt for a mediocre buck look a lot more desirable than the big boy.

Finding him will not be a problem. Convincing my self to shoot him is not likely to happen even if he grows much bigger. I need more of a challenge than this private land buck is likely to provide.
Understood. I see lots of bucks that don't present a challenge too. mtmuley

After more than a few hours of looking I matched up with the bigger side. It was 400 yards away in the middle of a sage flat. I glassed over it at least once but missed it. Scores just under 83. The last antler of this caliber that I have found was back in 2005. In the 80's and even the early 90's I found antlers like this every year but the last 20 years have been slim pickings. Couldn't be more thrilled.

Darn the file size it too big

Back