Caribou Gear Tarp

Nice fresh mule deer

antlerradar

Last week I noticed that this buck had shed so yesterday I went looking since he had moved to another ridge. I found this antler right away. Spent another 5 hours looking for the other side. Found some older antlers but no luck on the match.
This antler has good mass and scores a bit over 79 total inches.

Attachments

• 100_0476.JPG
    100_0476.JPG
    407.1 KB · Views: 1,701
Nice. I hope you find the other side.

Nice, the deer around here are still sporting their head gear. Thinking any day now they'll start dropping.

Finding him will not be a problem. Convincing my self to shoot him is not likely to happen even if he grows much bigger. I need more of a challenge than this private land buck is likely to provide.

A lot of family politics with a deer like this.

Sometimes it just isn't worth it is it. Seen a few of these scenarios over the years. Makes a public land hunt for a mediocre buck look a lot more desirable than the big boy.

Finding him will not be a problem. Convincing my self to shoot him is not likely to happen even if he grows much bigger. I need more of a challenge than this private land buck is likely to provide.
Understood. I see lots of bucks that don't present a challenge too. mtmuley

After more than a few hours of looking I matched up with the bigger side. It was 400 yards away in the middle of a sage flat. I glassed over it at least once but missed it. Scores just under 83. The last antler of this caliber that I have found was back in 2005. In the 80's and even the early 90's I found antlers like this every year but the last 20 years have been slim pickings. Couldn't be more thrilled.

Darn the file size it too big

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back