Nice Bull

Horn Seeker

So yesterday was a good day at work. Most days are, but days like yesterday make it better yet.

We were doing some range monitoring and stumbled across some 2 year old sheds... six actually! One good one and 5 little ones. Then as we were making our way back to the truck I spotted this guy.
PA220118_zps0e0a19c9.jpg

This camera is a POS.. so the pics aren't that great. What was cool, was this bull thought maybe he was an old whitetail buck. I spotted him, after walking within his view at 200 yards for about 30 seconds probably. He was lying with his chin on the ground and wasn't moving an inch. I called to my buddy to run over so he could see him, and the bull layed there for a full 5 minutes while we glassed him. We even moved about 40 yards to get a little different angle on his rack and he didn't budge for a while.
PA220121_zpsf3b023cb.jpg

Finally stood up and boogied...
PA220127_zpsaecb5854.jpg

PA220129_zps398807ac.jpg

He was a 6X7 with a broke 5th on his left... He was in a limited entry area... and in an area people just don't elk hunt. Public land though!

Some really cool pics there, HS.

Figured you'd be giving one the grip and grin when I read the title and saw who started the thread! :)

I wish I was "one of those guys" Fishn... more likely I'll just have pics of live bulls when I'm not hunting!

Hopefully by the end of the month things will come together though.

Great pic's for a POS camera. (Better then a cell phone pic - Haha!)

Cool stuff, thanks for sharing HS!

Man the country out there is fantastic for glassing!

NW area it is pretty limited to small parks within overgrown forests with a few exceptions.

The bad part is, you can glass this particular country for hours and not see anything. We didn't see a deer ALL DAY...and that was the only elk...

But i do know what you mean about being able to glass... I dont miss the NW brush country much... but sometimes I do a little :0)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KJ1225
Back