Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

NFL Draft Predictions - a pointless game, but at least it has a $$ prize for the winner

I swear if Cooper Dejean goes off the board and the Pack take this fricken Kool-aid guy...it will be HAHA DIX all over again....
First I ever heard of the kool-aid guy was this morning when I was reading Mel kiper’s report. Is that his real name? I have a lot of questions I need answers to.

I'm actually really shocked we now haven't seen any late 2nd trades. I thought perhaps with the crazy draft capital the Pack had they would have traded up for someone they really wanted after their trade down.

5 - We have had two decades of trading back cuz it supposedly made sense - but other than WR we have repeatedly watched other teams take impact players ahead of us. I don’t care how many 5th rounders we throw away to ensure high quality picks in elite high value positions like QB & edge. If we would have done it for Center or LB or S then I would have been pissed as they are lower value positions.
Keep in mind even if quality picks are randomly distributed throughout the draft, when you pick late, by definition, most quality picks will be picked ahead of you. That only means that you're picking in the back half, not that you're picking poorly.

I don’t think quality picks are randomly spread throughout the draft. As much as it makes headlines when a high pick fizzles, 1st rounders fare better than 2nd rounders who fare better than 3rd rounders etc. I seem to remember reading the actual stats but don’t recall them. Be fun to see if I remember correctly.

I hope the Vikes don’t end up with the top few picks either as that means we don’t really really suck. I suppose we could get one in a trade however. We will probably just kinda sorta suck!

Count me as a someone who thinks Caleb will be a bust.

I don’t think quality picks are randomly spread throughout the draft. As much as it makes headlines when a high pick fizzles, 1st rounders fare better than 2nd rounders who fare better than 3rd rounders etc. I seem to remember reading the actual stats but don’t recall them. Be fun to see if I remember correctly.

I hope the Vikes don’t end up with the top few picks either as that means we don’t really really suck. I suppose we could get one in a trade however. We will probably just kinda sorta suck!

Caleb went the Bears. Name one Bears QB that worked out? He is doomed from the start.

Hey, I was somewhat entertained in the Jim McMahon years anyway!

What was that, mid 80s?

After that……uh……um……well……

There is a Nobel economist that spent some effort to determine the economic rationality of the NFL draft. Interesting stuff. His name escapes me, but he is at U Chicago.

Richard Thaler. https://www.chicagobooth.edu/review/richard-thalers-nfl-draft-advice

Last edited:
Keep in mind even if quality picks are randomly distributed throughout the draft, when you pick late, by definition, most quality picks will be picked ahead of you. That only means that you're picking in the back half, not that you're picking poorly.
Quality starters aren’t equally distributed.

Last edited:
Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T_allen7
Back