OPEN SPOTS - 2021 NFL and College Football Pool

WBouldin

Hey All,

I run an NFL and College Football pool with a couple of spots that just opened up. Last year @VikingsGuy played and won some money. Below are the rules, please let me know if you would like to participate.

Rules of the POOL
  • Pick the winner and YOUR determined spread for select NFL and NCAA games starting Week 2 of the NFL Season and ending Week 17
    • Pick a straight-up winner (10 points)
    • Pick a custom spread and if you are +/- 3 points of the actual result you get points (5 points)
    • If your spread is on the exact number, you get an additional 15 points
      • NOTE: if your spread allows for a negative range (I.e. a spread of 2 has a range of -1 to +5) and your pick loses by an amount in that range, you still get the 5 spread points.
      • Example: You pick the Packers to win by 4. The Packers win 30-24 so you get 10 points for the win and 5 points for the spread (because they won by 6 and any margin between 1 and 7 points would get you the spread points. Had they won 28-24 you would get 30 points (15 for the above plus 15 bonus points for picking the exact spread).
    • BONUS GAME**: Each week you will have the option to select one game as your bonus game - if you pick the correct winner, all of your points are doubled for that game. If your pick loses, you lose 25 points regardless of getting a spread or not. You do not have to pick a bonus game each week - you can skip and take the conservative approach of standard scoring.
    • Picks are Due Thursdays at 5PM PST (submitted via Google Form that will be sent out each Tuesday) and failure to submit on time results in tying the lowest scorer of the week for a first offense and ZERO points for all future offenses. Once you have submitted, you can make changes by going back into the Google Form, making the changes and resubmitting up until the deadline.
  • Buy-in = $200
  • Payouts
    • Weekly (TIE = Split the pot)
      • 1st Place - $100
      • 2nd Place - $50
      • 3rd Place - $25
    • Season Payout (Based on 24 Players):
      • 1st Place - $1000
      • 2nd Place - $600
      • 3rd Place - $200
    • Tiebreakers for the Season Payout
      • Season correct pick percentage, then
      • Number of weeks won, then
      • Total correct spreads, then
      • Split the pot

So do you give us games to choose from or how are the games selected?
Yes, usually 5 or 6 NFL and 5 or 6 College games. It depends on the spreads for the week as I like to pick games that should be close or have some other significance (rivalry/prime time/etc.)

Back