Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

NFL.com fantasy football

lol yeah I’m sure you don’t want it to end... but I think it will go to another Yahoo league next year! Low participation in the NFL fantasy.... I personally like it as well!
Matt
One aspect I REALLY found valuable NFL.com fantasy football, I can watch the game vs paying an arm and a leg for NFL Sunday Ticket. I was 100% a fan of Yahoo over NFL though since in this year... I've enjoyed watching any game and free.

I’ve always liked NFL fantasy, not sure there’s much of a difference between the two??? Can you explain why you like it better?
Matt
Several reasons; money league’s payout through the site and commissioner doesn’t touch it. Yahoo seems a little more responsive to position changes and updated their can’t cut list. But what stands out the most is their app!!

Several reasons; money league’s payout through the site and commissioner doesn’t touch it. Yahoo seems a little more responsive to position changes and updated their can’t cut list. But what stands out the most is their app!!
So your worried about me taking your $$? I think you should be able to cut anyone you want right??? I’ve had problems with there app quite a bit and not hardly any with the NFL app.....
Matt

So your worried about me taking your $$? I think you should be able to cut anyone you want right??? I’ve had problems with there app quite a bit and not hardly any with the NFL app.....
Matt
I meant from the commissioner’s POV. I run the league with my AF buddies. Agreed on cutting whoever but NFL and ESPN lag on letting go a top player who is out for the year. I guess it’s personal preference! Yahoo does a good job of allowing to draft on the go. NFL tends to kick you if you’re not on WIFI. My boring opinion you asked for.

I meant from the commissioner’s POV. I run the league with my AF buddies. Agreed on cutting whoever but NFL and ESPN lag on letting go a top player who is out for the year. I guess it’s personal preference! Yahoo does a good job of allowing to draft on the go. NFL tends to kick you if you’re not on WIFI. My boring opinion you asked for.
That’s to bad you have had bad luck with NFL app.... I’ve had really good luck the last 8 or so years with it. Just running off my IPhone....
Matt

It costed me a championship by glitching and locking players 15 minutes before kickoff! To say I’m bitter, would be an understatement!

It costed me a championship by glitching and locking players 15 minutes before kickoff! To say I’m bitter, would be an understatement!
Sounds like some indecision cost you a Championship..... lol 😂 😂 kidding by the way.... it’s a fun game boss, take it with a grain of salt 😂 I’ve lost $100 this year already in FF... it is what it is.
Matt

Guys I had a great time! Thanks for having me. I'm not bitter at all that a team that didnt set their lineup half the season went bananas in the playoff when I had to play them....(My wife said she is going to start charging for each time I say @$%!ing Wounded Elk!) I was excited to play SumMTGriz with all of the bad matchups that team had, but I didnt realize the NFL app didn't do playoff seeding like the actual NFL does. I got the elk buzzsaw instead.

If you are switching apps, personally I prefer ESPN, but a large part of that is because I have two other league over there that have a deep history and moving off would be painful. The NFL app felt a little inferior, but I did enjoy how easy it was to see the future match up rankings. That helped me out in my ESPN leagues. I feel like Yahoo and NFL are about the same. If y'all do the league again next year I would love to be a part of it.

-Herman

Last edited:
Guys I had a great time! Thanks for having me. I'm not bitter at all that a team that didnt set their lineup half the season went bananas in the playoff when I had to play them....(My wife said she is going to start charging me every for each time I say @$%!ing Wounded Elk!) I was excited to play SumMTGriz with all of the bad matchups that team had, but I didnt realize the NFL app didn't do playoff seeding like the actual NFL does. I got the elk buzzsaw instead.

If you are switching apps, personally I prefer ESPN, but a large part of that is because I have two other league over there that have a deep history and moving off would be painful. The NFL app felt a little inferior, but I did enjoy how easy it was to see the future match up rankings. That helped me out in my ESPN leagues. I feel like Yahoo and NFL are about the same. If y'all do the league again next year I would love to be a part of it.

-Herman
Sorry Herman. Matt asked me to join last minute and then I forgot about it until he mentioned it mid season.

It’s definitely been a fun run since. Can’t believe I’ve made it this far when I haven’t played in years.

Same 2 guys 3 years in a row?!

Sounds like you guys need some new blood to shake things up ;)
Just @cfree has been to the Super Bowl 3 times, I was against him the other 2 years 😂 I took last this year, my first 4 draft picks ended up on IR by week 5.... @NDGuy if you wanna join your more than welcome too next season, we usually have 12 teams but 4 dropped out and picked up 2, so we did a 10 team league this year. Would like to get a 14-16 team league next season.
Matt

Just @cfree has been to the Super Bowl 3 times, I was against him the other 2 years 😂 I took last this year, my first 4 draft picks ended up on IR by week 5.... @NDGuy if you wanna join your more than welcome too next season, we usually have 12 teams but 4 dropped out and picked up 2, so we did a 10 team league this year. Would like to get a 14-16 team league next season.
Matt
I'll bear in mine for next year sir. In the meantime I am going to enjoy my new Gene Ingram knife for winning the yahoo league @Schaaf setup

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ram0307
Back